capability to recognize RAID Controller Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Haruka, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haruka

Haruka Guest

hi,

I am japanese IT engineer, Haruka.

I have 'True Image Server 7.0'. I am choosing Server Hardware, which I want to backup System using TrueImage7.0.

Then, I wonder whether TrueImage7.0 could recognize certain RAID Controller.

The RAID Controller is as follows.
    "PERC 4/SC (Ultra320, Single Channel SCSI RAID, with 64MBCache) 1 channel"

Then, I have a 3 question.

(1) Is this RAID Controller supported on TI7.0?

(2) Do you have a supported RAID Controller list? If so, I want it.

(3) If only newer version of TrueImage has the compatibility, which version is good to me? ( In Japan, we cannot get TI9.0. we can get upto TI8.0...)

Best Regards.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Haruka,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please be aware that version 9.0 of Acronis True Image Server for Windows has not been released yet and so the latest version is still 8.0.

Please also note that Acronis True Image 7.0 Server for Windows is a rather old version, so it is not being updated any more and might not support some modern RAID controllers, while Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows is being updated regularly and supports a wide variety of modern hardware devices, including RAID controllers. I would therefore recommend you to upgrade to version 8.0 prior to installing new RAID controller.

We do not expect any problems of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows working with this particular RAID controller. However, we recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows to be completely sure that the software works fine on your particular hardware\software configuration.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

If you are satisfied with the work of the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

I'm afraid there is no such list at the moment.

I've answered this question in the very beginning of my reply.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or report any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.