Can't update NOD32!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by PeterR, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterR

PeterR Guest

Hi,

In the last 2-3 days I've been unable to download any updates for NOD32 from any of its update servers. Everytime I attempt to, it results in a message saying "Downloaded file is damaged".

I am a registered user and am very annoyed and scared that I can't currently update NOD32. I have tried reinstalling NOD32 which didn't help at all, all that's done is made me have to suffer definitions from the 1st of September. Very bad!

Please help.

2. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi Peter,

>In the last 2-3 days I've been unable to download any updates for NOD32 from any of its update servers. Everytime I attempt to, it results in a message saying "Downloaded file is damaged".

This is what I posted on the different thread:

it seems there is a increasing number of NOD32 users updating from our update servers - that's why we are preparing to add some more such server/s - one new is already running - it can be used right after the short testing.

Please use the <Choose automatically> setting - in the meantime - and we kindly ask you for a bit patience. The maximum load to the update servers is when a new update is released - so a while after the peak it should be better.

>I am a registered user and am very annoyed and scared that I can't currently update NOD32. I have tried reinstalling NOD32 which didn't help at all, all that's done is made me have to suffer definitions from the 1st of September. Very bad!

We are thinking about how to improve this situation to make it more comfortable for the users.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks a lot for your understanding.

All the best :)

jan

3. PeterR

PeterR Guest

Thanks for the response. I've now managed to get the latest update.

I forgot to mention in the earlier post but the reason I resorted to a reinstall was because today after the computer booted, I had a message saying that NOD32 was unable to run my definitions and that something was wrong with them. Within the Control Center, the definition version was listed as unknown. Why run NOD when it has no definitions? :rolleyes:

Anyway, all is good now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.