Can't uninstall the spywareguard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Sai, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sai

Sai Guest

I can't uninstall the programme from the control partol. A box told me that I needed to update the programme, but I couldn't updateit.
    The box always jump put from the window now, I feel very confused. Please help me!!!! :(
    Many thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Can you explain the problem a little more? You are unable to update SpywareGuard, and also you can not uninstall it? What specific errors are you getting when you try these two things?

In order to be able to uninstall SpywareGuard you must shut it down first. Have you tried disabling and shutting it down like this:

[​IMG]

If you can shut it down you should be able to uninstall it.

If you can't even shut it down, you can disable it using a registry change that is described in the last two posts here. (Summary: Download the REG file linked in the post there. Execute it on your PC. Reboot your PC. If SG starts up on boot, it'll start in disabled mode. Exit it as shown in image above. If you can't do that, then simply go into Task Manager (Ctrl Alt Del) and kill the two SG processes: sgmain & sgbhp. Then run uninstall.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.