Can't turn off boot loader

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by pcostanza, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcostanza

pcostanza Registered Member

I am dual booting between XP and Vista and don't want the Acronis boot loader to allow me to choose between programs. I prefer to use the native Windows boot screen to choose which to boot up to. But, I can't get the Acronis boot removed. I don't see it in the Startup menu nor in the msconig. How do I get this removed short of uninstalling?

Thanks

Paul

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paul,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

You can deactivate Acronis OS Selector within Windows where it is installed or fix the master boot record of the hard drive. You can fix MBR as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

You can also repair the MBR (Master Boot Record) of the hard disk using one of the following methods:

Windows 95/98/Me – boot from Startup Disk (floppy) and run "fdisk /mbr" command;
    Windows 2000/XP/2003 – boot from Installation Disc (CD) into Recovery Console and run "fixmbr" command.

This will remove Acronis OS Selector from there.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. TEDDY P

TEDDY P Registered Member

ACRONIS OS SELECTOR/ DISK DIRECTOR

Just did a system recovery on my Toshiba Satellite but i forgot to uninstall my Acronis Disc Director with Acronis OS installed. Now my system wnt make me pass by the Acronis Loader although my recovery is all done. How do i delete Acronis Disk director if i cannot even see the Windows Xp icon to into my desktop. Any suggestions will greatly help.

DANG KOFI

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: ACRONIS OS SELECTOR/ DISK DIRECTOR

Hello TEDDY P,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please follow the above-provided instructions and let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.