Can't stop adserving.cpxinteractive.com

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by areno, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. areno

areno Registered Member

I can't find a way to get adserving.cpxinteractive.com to stop opening IE and displaying ads. If I close IE and come back to my PC 10 min later IE is open with several ads begining with adserving.cpxinteractive.com

Any idea how I can get this to stop? Im using NOD32 3.0.621 and all signatures are up to date.

Thanks, Adam

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please send a log from ESET SysInspector to support[at]eset.com with this thread's url enclosed.

3. wiak

wiak Registered Member

try put the domain name in the hosts file
    like this
    this wil override the dns and ip discovery and completly block that site on your computer

i also recommend you to run SpyBot Search and Destroy and immunize your system so it blocks most of all those bad sites via hosts file :)

NOD32 + SpyBot's immunize can make you alot safer :thumb:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@wiak

Your suggestion is OK but the aim is not to block that site . The case is that the user has something malicious on their computer , undetected by ESET NOD32 Antivirus . When we talk about blocking , ESET NOD32 Antivirus has a site / server connection block feauture , why bother an end user with the hosts file ?

5. ravin

ravin Registered Member

Download spysubtract and that should remove it...good Luck:D

6. wiak

wiak Registered Member

he asked how to stop it, the easiest and fastest possible method is to block it :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.