Can't set Norton Internet Security 2007 to scan only C Drive

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by pirgnori, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pirgnori

pirgnori Registered Member

When I got to schedule a custom scan in NIS 2007, the "My Computer" icon or C Drive icon doesn't allow itself to be checked so only my C drive will be scanned.

I'm only able to schedule a full system scan, which does the C drive and all my external hard drives, and that can take 2 hours to complete.

Can't figure out why I can't designate only my C drive to be scanned under a schedule. Could another program be blocking access to this feature?

Has anyone else encountered this odd problem and then solved it?

Thanks.

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Hi, not quite sure what you mean by the "My Computer Icon" but if you mean the desktop icon, then I can tell you that by default the Desktop Icons without the Arrow, such as "My Documents, My Computer, Recycle Bin, and Internet Explorer" are NOT! able to be right clicked scanned. However the C: Drive Icon in Windows Explorer can be scanned this way. As far as I can remember in NIS you can designate the drives to be scanned in the Settings Window :cool:

3. pirgnori

When I go to schedule a scan of only my C drive in NIS 2007, I'm unable to check any box for just the C drive or just for My Computer. The C drive and My Comptuer are shown, but there's nothing to be checked so that only they ae scanned under a schedule, say 1 a.m. every Monday.

Hope this clarifies my problem. Thanks.

4. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

I assume NIS is somewhat similiar as far as scanning goes to NAV 2007, I have added e:\ under Advanced Options Scan Exclusions in both the upper and lower windows.

My e: Drive is never scanned. Its used only for downloads and backup on my system so there is no need to scan.

5. pirgnori

The issue is that I want to schedule a scan of only my C drive, but NIS 2007 does not allow me to check the C drive and schedule a scan.

NIS 2007 allows me to schedule a scan of all drives, including C and three external USB drives. But I can't seem to schedule a scan of ONLY the C drive.

I believe that some other program is stopping me from scheduling a scan of only the C drive, but I can't figure out what progam that might be. I use SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor and CounterSpy, but only SpySweeper is always running. The others are turned off until I want to run them.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.