Can't See USB External Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by btreloar, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btreloar

btreloar Registered Member

I bought Acronis True Image Home 2009 specifically to make drive images to my USB external hard drive. Now that I've installed it, when I go to set the destination, Acronis doesn't list my external drive.

How do I fix this?

Thx,
    Bill

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

1. What build of TI 2009 do you have? Press the Alt key to see the menu line, then Help and About for the build number. If it is not 9709, register your product and update to the current build.

2. What version of Windows and Service Pack are you using?

3. Are you able to see the drive in Windows? Can you error check the drive by right clicking on the drive letter in My Computer and selecting Properties and then clicking the Tools tab and running ErrorChecking? Are any errors reported?

4. Have you created the Rescue Media for TI 2009? If so, can you boot from the CD or flashdrive and see all your hard drives?

5. What sort of computer are you using? Brand, model, type, etc.

6. What is the brand and model of the USB drive you are using?

3. btreloar

btreloar Registered Member

Hoo, Boy! Am I embarrassed. The USB cable wasn't firmly seated in my Maxtor One-Touch USB drive. Everything seems to be working just fine.

Thanks for the quick reply!!
    Bill

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Well, those things happen. :)

Don't forget to boot from the Rescue CD and check that you can see all the drives and validate the backups you make in Windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.