Can't see USB drive in My computer.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bugeyed, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bugeyed

Bugeyed Registered Member

I have an external USB drive case & put the old drive that was in my system. Just upgraded to larger drive, & I can't see the drive in my computer or disk management. Device manager sees it, but it misspells Toshiba (VOSHKBC) & the model name is a bit garbled. Is it possible that it's because this drive is set for logical drive 0? If so, how do I change that? I am running XP SP2 & the driver for the USB loads when I plug it in, as the system sees new hardware.
    How can I access this drive?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Whenever there is a symptom like a garbled name for a drive, look for a bad ribbon cable connection. Disconnect and reconnect the ribbon cable in the external drive.

3. Bugeyed

Bugeyed Registered Member

Thanks. This one is hardwired to the board so I touched up all the solder connections & one of the pins was loose. Loose, that is, from the connector, so I will get a new case. Probably not worth the trouble to get a new connector & remove & resolder to board. They are cheap. Thanks

4. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

Do you have a desktop pc or a notebook?
    (and what desktop/notebook)

EDIT:
    Too late. It seems to be a cable problem... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.