Cant see the partitions

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by mahen, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahen

mahen Registered Member

hello

I seems to have a problem which i have seen is faced by a few people out here. I bought a new 300GB hardisk...which was already partioned into two. I wanted to have further partitions of the safty sake and i used your software for it. I tried partitioning one of the already partitioned space. It was a 180 GB and i thought i would initially try and partion just 50GB of it and see how it goes as this is the first time i was using this software. I followed all the prompt of the automatic wizard and it showed me that my partition was sucessful. But when i reboothed my laptop i cound not see any of the partition's not even the initial 2 partitions. BUt when i open ur soft ware it did show me that the drive was connected and was formatted. The USB connection was ok. Also in my system's manager it showed me the drive and its partitions, but it was no where to be seen on my * my computer * .

I then tried partitioning the new 50GB partition into two 25GB partition, and when i did that these two new partitions showed up on my computer, but still the rest of the partition's where not there. So i thought may be if i do smaller partitions of the remaining hardrive i should be able to solve the promblem but when i tried doing that .. the partition did take place as before but this time even the two drive which were visible on my * my computers * vanished and i could not access the data.

I am posting some screen shots to make my problme easy for you to understand. I am waiting for you help and guidance.

Thank u for ur efforts and time

2. mahen

mahen Registered Member

3. mahen

mahen Registered Member

4. mahen

mahen Registered Member

5. mahen

mahen Registered Member

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I wonder if the problem might be -that your 'U' drive is being recognised before the new partition that you have made active.

I see you have an OEM restore partition -but I don't see how in this case that would cause this strangeness - I don't think it is DD that is the problem itself, but something in XP especially as in Disk Management the drives appear.

I'll have to put the grey cells into action here.

Colin

7. mahen

mahen Registered Member

hi ! the * U * drive was not there before yesterday ... there were just 3 NTSP drives... i tried to partition the main drive once more and that when this new * U * partition came in and thats the only one visible right now when i connect the new hard drive.

I had tis problme even before this new * U * partition ...

8. mahen

mahen Registered Member

the problem has been sorted out ...just had to rename the drives.. :)

9. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

:eek:
    Wow ! Loud and clear !

Glad you got it sorted !;)

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Director Suite

We are glad to know that you have solved your problem.

If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you
    --
    Alexander Gladkov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.