Can't restore with sony bios

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ott, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ott

ott Guest

I've a new sony pc (VGC-RA304). I can't resore the image I made with True Image 9. The image software won't start up. Even in seucure mode it didn't regcognize the drives. Can someone help me?
    Thx
    jan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ott,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Could you please describe the problem in detail?

Please clarify whether you receive any error messages when run the program.

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic and click on the OK button.

If that doesn't help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. netto

netto Registered Member

A normal start up of the boot CD didn't work. So I started up in the 'save mode'. The TI program didn't recognize the normal drives C and D. It did recognize the other empthy (!) drives (MS, CD, etc).
    I placed the image on the D-drive. But the TI program didn't recognize that drive. So I couldn't restore the c-drive.

I think something is wrong in the Sony bios. TI worked fine with the previous Sony PC. I called Sony. They have no plans to update the bios in short time.

By the way with Ghost 9.0 I had similar problems.

Is their aq solution or do I have to wait til Sony comes up with an update of the BIOS?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello netto,

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- What exact version and build number of Acronis True Image do you use?

You can find out by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

- Let us know if Acronis True Image recognizes your hard drives normally when it is running from under Windows;

- Make a screen shot of Windows Disk Management by following Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management;

- Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly have you received them?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

As it was mentioned: Ghost 9 isn't working either....

Due to the fact that Ghost 9 uses a kind of PE for booting the rescue disc and TrueImage is working in "normal" Windows i think it is simply a driver problem.

Have you ever tried to hit F6 during the start of the Ghost Recovery disc and add the host-adapter-specific drivers..?

If that works for you, you can build a TrueImage-BartPE CD with the drivers for your mainboard already included.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.