CAN'T REMOVE!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by drichardb, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drichardb

drichardb Registered Member

Help! I'm trying to uninstall my Disk Director Suite 10.0 trial version, but I can't figure out how to deactivate the OS selector first. When I try to deactivate it, it asks me to choose which OS to boot to after it's deactivated, but it doesn't give me a selection option for Windows XP (which is the only OS I'm running). It has 3 "Unknown OS's" to choose from, but I'm afraid I won't be able to reboot my pc if I select one of these. Can someone please offer me some assistance?

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. GPH

GPH Registered Member

Hello,

After reading the help post and having the same issue, I can't find the solution.
    Can you provide more info or a direct link to an "how to"

Thx,

David

4. GPH

GPH Registered Member

Using the search feature of this forum seems that using a fixmbr will reply to the problem

5. drichardb

drichardb Registered Member

I need more detailed help too. I created a boot disk with the image provided, but I still can't disable.

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, drichardb

If for some unknowen reason your bootdisk is not working? have a read of this old post:- #2
    and if FIXMBR does not work try FIXBOOT [in the same way as fixmbr but type FIXBOOT in itstead of FIXMBR]

Take Care,
    TheQuest

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello David and drichardb,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please boot up from the Windows Bootable CD, then go to the Recovery Console (the first Repair option you come to).

From the command prompt please type:

FIXMBR C:
    FIXBOOT C:
    BOOTCFG /rebuild

After that, please reboot your computer.

This should deactivate Acronis OS Selector. If this does not help then please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.