CANT REMOVE win32/virut.nbk

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by andicyhot, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Thinking that an antivirus program will protect you against every single threat in the world is utopia. There's no single security solution in the world that will 100% protect you. You, as an admin, must also take precautions like setting non-administrative permissions to the users, keeping the OS and other software (especially security software) up to date, use a firewall to prevent undesired connections from outside the network and to control connections from inside, use strong passwords, avoid sharing system folders, use UAC in Vista, etc.

2. beckyblind

beckyblind Registered Member

Did you tried Bitdefender Total Security 2009?it's the most complex antivirus solution i ever tried, it has a 98,10 % detection rate and believe me other antiviruses programs don't have such a major rate.If you want to convince yourself here is the toptenreview gold award for this product ~Snip~ maybe you'll trust in it.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    ROFL! top ten reviews is an affiliate site. He reviews "pay for" products...eyeball the "Buy now" links on his page. Yeah..% of sales from clickies on his page go to his pocket. Those software vendors who give him the biggest cut get put at the top of his ever changing list.

It's a carefully crafted Google and affiliate link that puts lotsa cash in his pocket, not an honest trustworthy NEUTRAL review site like av-comparatives.org

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Some may deem XP Super Antivirus to be the best. It will surely detect more than any other antivirus programs as it detects much more than 100% of malware :D

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It will also be impossible to clean them remotely . One of my clients with a network 150 machines was infected . We had to visit each of them - it was a nightmare but...

6. nopieees

nopieees Registered Member

hold on guys, maybe nod32 is one of the best antivirus , but really there is no proper support from nod32 labs. sometimes you need to send them the virus by your self and wait till the update comes.
    (i know there is always new threats come every single second but when you compare nod32 response with others AV really not good )

in the past they gave us a registry fixer tool, and now they stopped develop such helping tools o_O??

i just feel like they do not care or help the users.and what you get it is your own problem and you have to fix it .

regarding to virut.nbk virus , if nod32 could not deal with it , i think they have to give another or manual solution , instead of just saying reinstall your windows.

7. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

the solution is simple.You know it's svchost.exe and explorer.exe.So pop in your windows xp cd, go to the I386 folder and run the " expand " command to extract fresh copies of those 2 files.That should help with your computer rebooting and give you more time to fix the others while your computer is up.

also go into the " run " section of your registry to stop any files that keep executing at every reboot and delete those keys.

this is the exact reason I maintain small drive sizes no bigger than 80 gigs and NEVER use the NTFS file system.It's much easier to fix things maintaining a FAT32 drive.I used to use F-PROT antivirus for DOS to run scans.Now that they have discontinued that, it's good to see that ESET still has a DOS scanner, for the smart people who ignore using NTFS, and stick with FAT32 so we don't have to reformat and clean install every time something like this happens.

if you don't know the windows registry, than go to the run box and type msconfig and go to the startup section and uncheck any suspicious files there from starting when windows starts.

there are also other " run " and " load " sections in the registry to look at when something suspicious keeps starting with windows.I think eset has the list of those registry sections.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.