Can't register jscript and vbscript dll

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ashanta, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Great ! My Usb stick work on the third port, the only port ! So strange indeed ! I will format this key and copy Vista Recovery on it.

2. Ashanta

I formatted the USB stick on FAT, is that correct to boot up ? I'm copying the iso files to my USB stick. Let me know if this is correct, thanks in advance !

3. Fiat_Lux

Fiat_Lux Registered Member

Like I wrote earlier then you should not remove hardware if you are not comfortable with it and understands what you do, my only point was to tell what I thought you would need to do to make a hardware reset work. And I thought you were working with that. I would never tell you to disassemble your laptop totally, but hardrive , and DVD-drive are things that I think do not require total disassembly to remove and with respect to net and USB I were referring to attached units (of course! ) . But of course you should not remove harddrive and DVD-drive if you are not comfortable with it !!! .

To use an image on the USB drive I am not sure what file system that you need , but I guess that FAT32 will work as long as file is not bigger than 4GB, Vista ought to be able to handle FAT32 as well as NTFS (Vista itself can't format FAT32 partitions larger than 32GB, I think, if larger than 32 GB you will need a Third party partitioning and format tool).

With respect to the backup files then I have no personal knowledge how often Vista switches the files as I have not Vista, but I read somewhere that Vista would copy and replace these files by itself once a week (don't know if it is true or not) but that was why I suggested that you copied the files yesterday! (like I wrote earlier then maybe there will be some very old .bak files in the Config directory itself).

With respect to the BIOS then as written then perhaps the forementioned "WipeCMOS V1.2" might be able to do what you need but I can not guarantee - and all BIOS work is on your own responsebility.

4. Ashanta

Hi Fiat,

I know that all is on my own responsability, no problem ! I tried with the 2 Memory Sticks removing and swapping both of them.

I format my USB stick again but in dos with cmd on a safe mode.

I extract Visa Recovery iso file into USB stick drive H:

I boot my laptop, this one boot up non takin in account my USB memory.

I will delete these files and retry with the iso file only with my USB and reboot.

Yes, you told me on yesterday to save the config folder I remember. ;)

If I can solve my boot up with USB stick I won't be able to try wipecmos on USB.

5. Fiat_Lux

Never thought for a moment that the taking out the memory or swapping them would help.

I did however finally find the files for your Laptop at the support site, don't know if I were too sedated yesterday to find the files or what (had come out of full anaesthesia and were stuffed with synthetic morphine replacement that made me rather ill also) but I managed to find the files for your Laptop today.
    I checked the BIOS tool...
    You write that you have flashed the BIOS, I do not know which method you used , but the DOS tool called "phlash16.exe" got a switch like "phlash16.exe /C biosfilename.extensiontype" ( so together with the standard switches then the command line would for example look like this phlash16.exe /c /x /s Y40B0G.WPH , (actually one ought to edit the flash.bat file to contain the proper commandline ) that should clear CMOS Checksum after flashing, perhaps that would help your BIOS to behave.
    Please check if the tool you have used got a similar setting, I can't run the WinFlash on my PC cause the BIOS does not fit and it is detected when the program start.

PHlash16.jpg

Batfile content looks like this standard :

PHlash16 - bat content.jpg

6. Ashanta

Thanks Fiat,

I don't think I'll take the risk to execute this file as the date is previous to my bios.

According to a french user :

He failed flashing bios with phlash16.exe with the same laptop I have, Amilo Pro v 3505.

http://forum.ts.fujitsu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=41924

Sorry for the language, maybe you can translate with google

7. Fiat_Lux

No , right ! , some of the BIOS files say that you can't go back to old version after using new version , and I was not suggesting that you should, I wrote for example , you could try to see if you could find the switch or a similar switch in the BIOS updating software you use with the version of the BIOS that you want to flash with.

8. Fiat_Lux

Extract from BIOS file readme :

| |
    | BIOS Flash-update for |
    | |
    | Fujitsu Siemens Computers |
    | |
    | AMILO Pro V3505 |
    | |
    | AMILO Pro V8210 |
    | |

!!!Attention!!!

You can't flash back to the old BIOS version
    when you flash this BIOS (version B0...)
    !!!Attention!! Connect AC adapter before flashing !!
    !Please reboot your system after flashing!
    !!!

9. Fiat_Lux

From Wikipedia on Non Volatile BIOS Memory :

Resetting the CMOS settings
    To access the BIOS setup when the machine fails to operate, occasionally a drastic move is required. In older computers with battery-backed RAM, removal of the battery and short circuiting the battery input terminals for a while did the job; in some more modern machines this move only resets the RTC. Some motherboards offer a CMOS-reset jumper or a reset button. In yet other cases, the EEPROM chip has to be desoldered and the data in it manually edited using a programmer. Sometimes it is enough to ground the CLK or DTA line of the I²C bus of the EEPROM at the right moment during boot, this requires some precise soldering on SMD parts. If the machine lets you boot but does not want to let you into the BIOS setup, one possible recovery is to deliberately "damage" the CMOS checksum by doing direct port writes using debug.exe, corrupting some bytes of the checksum-protected area of the CMOS RAM; at the next boot, the computer typically resets its setting to factory defaults. for example:

c:\debug
    -o 70 10
    -o 71 aa
    -q
    That will write to CMOS (Offset 10h) with the value 0AAh

It exists but I can't take responsebility for the use of any such procedure either....

10. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Maybe this is a silly question, but wouldn't it be productive to make an image of the drive, store it on another media, and reinstall, thus keeping the data in an image that could be mounted like Macrium lets you do?

If I had that many issues, I would probably make an image and reinstall.

For future reference, it is always helpful to create a secondary "admin" account that you never use, so if you get into issues with your current account, admin or not, no longer able to set rights, you have an untouched admin account there to use if necessary.

Is this a hardware issue then? Following this thread is a bit confusing, so many topics were touched. Are you thinking memory is corrupting data? Why would you need to flash the BIOS if the system was operating correctly prior to the current "issue"? Usually BIOS updates are meant for performance/stability issues that manifest themselves pretty soon after installing an OS. How long was the OS installed and generally trouble free before these issues?

Sul.

11. Fiat_Lux

12. Fiat_Lux

The soft isues and the BIOS issues ought not to be related...
    "Ashanta" had an issue with "Can't register jscript and vbscript dll" , tried a "Reg fix" that went haywire , then discovered a problem booting on CD when trying to boot on CD to get to try to fix the reg problem by replacing system files with backups (overdue), then "GlobalForce" gave a link and a suggestion with respect to the RAM to get the BIOS to react and so on.
    But it will probably be hard for "Ashanta" to do anything very "productive" until he gets his BIOS and boot options to behave as they should.
    Apparantly it is not unheard of that such Laptop users suddenly can't get into their BIOS.....

13. Ashanta

I already flashed the bios whith this referred image coming from Fujistsu as I told you. The date is corresponding to this referred picture: 27/4/2007

14. Ashanta

I already created a secondary admin account.

Bios was working well as I entered in a few days before before this issue, indeed ! When I get the error message to register dll and ocx, I remembered exactely that I could enter into my bios, so that the Bios troubles comes during this issue.

The OS was intalled on 2006 (factory) and I bought this computer in 2007, a new one ! And I had a few little troubles that I can fix it but not so big troubles as today.

The trouble for now is that I can't enter into my Bios with the F2 key, that's the point Sully.

Fiat is helping in this way...

15. Fiat_Lux

Sorry ! , I do not know who misunderstood who and when , but you wrote : "I don't think I'll take the risk to execute this file as the date is previous to my bios" (empahsis in bold by me !)
    Anyway , all I wanted you to know was about the posibility to use /c switch in the DOS version of the BIOS flashing program so you could check if there were something similar for you to use in whatever way and with whatever you used to flash your BIOS.
    I do not understand what your explanation in french says , but the BIOS version B0G clearly says that you can not go back to an earlier version of the BIOS after using version B0G but it does not say that you can not use the same version B0G again, I do not know if your information contradicts that.
    Anyway , since BIOS flashing should only be done using great caution and it is your responsebility then you should also be the one that decides what is right for you.

You could still try to see if the forementioned "WipeCMOS V1.2" might be able to do what you need but I can not guarantee - and all BIOS work is on your own responsebility.

16. Ashanta

For now, I can't as my laptop don't boot from USB neither from CD. I've to check with another USB stick to see.

17. Ashanta

I solved the trouble I had with my user account editing the permissions of my registry. I compare to those from a friend's laptop running on Vista 32bits.

I need for now to solve the deconnection I get when entering into my Admin account. I have the "Welcome" message and the, I suddenly disconnected.

Also, to fix my bios access.

After that, we will see with the registering of jscript and vbscript.dll

Anyway, I'd like to check the lusrmgr.msc also. That's the key.

Thanks in advance !

18. Fiat_Lux

Congratulations on your progress. :thumb:
    Ask if there is anything specific you want an opinion on....

19. Ashanta

Thanks Fiat for all your advises ! :)

20. Ashanta

I was wondering about the trouble I had to boot up with a CD and a usb .

why don't create a batch file with all the files of the Vista Recovery iso in it, in order to boot when the laptop start ?

I have to remember how to do it.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  21. Fiat_Lux

22. Ashanta

Thanks Fiat for this info, I will read it.

Great news ! I can enter into my old admin account for now.

To resume, these are the issues I need to fix for now:

1. Enter BIOS with F2

2. Little Black screen during a few second when switching from one admin account to another account (either admin or user)or entering into a user or admin account. This little black screen cames with the nine steps, but I didn't pay attention because I considerated as minor problem

3. UAC seems to be locked. I unchecked the UAC control but when rebooting it comes again with the UAC enabled.

4. run WMP but first, registering jscript.dll

Thanks for all upcoming advises and recommendation.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  23. Fiat_Lux

Congratulations with the progress....

1) : With respect to the BIOS F2 I do not have other advices than already given.

2) : Little black screen , not sure I got enough info or I do not understand the problem deeply enough.

3) : The UAC : I found some things you could try if you want to try to get control over the UAC :
    A) : Enable or Disable UAC From the Windows 7/Vista Command Line
    B) : Run msconfig, select Tools, select Disable UAC. Open Security Center, change the way Security Center notifies me, to stop the warning messages that UAC is turned off.
    C) : Disable User Account Control in Windows Vista
    D) : Vista User Account Control (UAC) disable Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode
    E) : General explanation : User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide

4) : Sorry , don't know what you mean by "run WMP"

24. Ashanta

Hi Fiat,

Thanks I will try it to fix the UAC issue ! :thumb: I'd like to enable and disabled this function trough Control Panel .

1. About little black screen:

If I start my laptop and I log in to my Admin account, I notice a little black screen during a few seconds 5 - 10 sec (sometimes, more) and from my Admin account if I wanted to go to my User account after log in, I have a black screen (during 2-3sec) before the dekstop's display.

4. I can run Windows Media Player 11 (the version coming with Vista). I made a few research and it seems that's important that some files are registered, overall jscript.dll and vbscript.dll (that's why I open this post). With registering jscript.dll I get always the same error I detailed on the first posts: 0X8000405 Access Denied, due to some locations in the Registry are locked.

25. Fiat_Lux

1) : OK ! (don't have much more time to help you right now, sorry!) - so I will have to get back to the "little black screen" if can possibly help you with that.

4) : I think that I found a couple of good candidates of things to try/explanations , but again you risk damaging your registry. (Have you considered trying Erunt , can't promise though that it will save you, and it does requires UAC off in Vista )

A) : Stumped with jscript-vbscript_dll problem
    B) : Errors Registering JScript_dll and VBScript_dll
    C) : Cannot Register Jscript_Dll (long and messy and don't seem to go anywhere..)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.