Can't register jscript and vbscript dll

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ashanta, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Fiat,

It doesn't load at boot up, I hear the loading cd but nothing appears on the screen.

Can't access to the Bios since this morning, even with F2 for Fujitsu Siemens.

I remember the last time, change the boot in the bios to firstly CD, then USB.

By default, it was first USB and then CD

I don't know why I can't access to my bios or why it doesn't boot up my CD

This is the content of the CD Recovery:

Attached Files:

2. Fiat_Lux

Fiat_Lux Registered Member

Content looks fine to me (you can't see CD Boot sector) , please check your BIOS .
    Remember that you must tap a key when CD is booting to get it to boot from CD, but it should say something on the screen. Can you check the boot ability of the disc on another PC ? (if it will not then try another burn tool!)
    It ought to boot, please contemplate what you might do to get into your BIOS.
    Got to go , have to get up very early in the morning....
    I'll be back to assist you, if able (up and about) as soon as I can.....
    Take care & good luck for now....

3. Ashanta

I'm sure the Cd is fine, but for the Bios I don't know what was wrong.

An iso file, boot by itself when Bios boot up first Cd drive.

I wish you all the best for tomorrow Fiat ! :thumb:

God Bless You ! Thanks for all ! All will be well good for you, I'm sure !! :) :)

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

I felt it should be mentioned as a first consideration for you Ashanta - and an FYI for FL.

Secondly, re-flashing may help, there's no way to know for sure. Load your sn# and dwnld the first file under BIOS.

v3505_bios.jpg

*Pssst .. keep this in mind too.

5. Ashanta

Tell me more about FYI for FL ? I don't catch you what you mean.

Re-flashing the same version Bios is not risky ?

6. Fiat_Lux

Hello ! , in very deep pain but I am back (at least for now) ......
    (And , Ashanta ! , thank you very much for your kindness, positive attitude and get well wishes)

"GlobalForce" 's "FYI for FL" , means "For Your Information for Fiat Lux" . Depending on the tone and context in which such a sentence is uttered it can be perceived as either "looking down on someone" or as being postive towards someone. (and anyway, such a sentence does not necessarily have to be meant as being "loaded" with a certain meaning and attitude)
    I have no reason to believe that "GlobalForce" meant it in any other way than kind .
    Re-flashing the same version Bios ought not to be more risky than flashing with a newer BIOS.
    But I have not been able to determin which way that Fujitsu-Siemens updates BIOS' (which method and tool they use) , so I would just like to express that I think that as long as your O.S. is not completely stable then a BIOS flashing is more risky than usual (more risky if the flash program is to be run from within Windows instead flash program and BIOS update is run from a boot disc/floppydisc).
    Also if you want to Flash a BIOS and the tool requires to be run from within Windows then it is "a must" to kill/turn off all types of protection programs (even antivirus & some firewall products - you may scan BIOS file prior to use if you wish), because of the potential risc that a security program could halt (or intercept) your BIOS program while flashing or otherwise hinder a successfull flashing, so to turn of all security programs if flashing from within windows is very highly recommendable...

With respect to the files in "C:\windows\system32\config\regback" you can probaly take a copy and save somewere else , like to "C:\windows\system32\config\saved" from within Windows as I guess that the files in "C:\windows\system32\config\regback" will not be locked as "in use".

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  7. Ashanta

Thanks a lot for your advise Fiat Lux,

I will keep safe the files within Regback folder.

By the way, here is more info about my Bios:

SMBIOS Version 2.4
    BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD
    BIOS Version R01-B0G

After reading, I will wait before re-flashing again with the same version my Bios.

8. Fiat_Lux

To know if the files in the "Regback folder" are useable you could check their date to see if they are dated with a date that is before the failed regedit attempt.

The BIOS information that you have supplied could possibly fit the description of the BIOS' of more Notebooks, it does for example fit the BIOS of a Notebook called "FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO Pro Edition V3505" - for which there by the way seems to be no separate dowloads (such as BIOS) but only a Windows update tool.
    To try to estimate if there should be possibilities for updating to your BIOS from a manufactures boot disc (like e.g. floppy) you would have to give me the exact name and model number of your Laptop , like for example : "FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO Pro Edition V3505" .

In the mean time you could try some of the other suggestions made by "GlobalForce" here .
    Though it may sound strange then there actually exists the possibility that it might help to remove all the inside hardware (and peripherals like cables except for PSU) and turn on the Laptop to "black screen" and then put back RAM , setup BIOS if possible (to boot from CDROM first), and then put back the rest of the hardware. Ofcourse nothing of this should be done unless you are absolutely comfortable with taking out and putting back hardware (at your own responsebility!)

The post below the one referred to by "GlobalForce" also mentions a tool called "WipeCMOS V1.2" which might help and not require you to disassembly your Laptops hardware. The "WipeCMOS V1.2" might possibly work if booting from an USB stick (though the "hosttool"/"host disc" "Ultimate Boot CD" reports that there might be more incompatability issues when trying to use USB stick instead of CD and that some tools might not work properly booting from USB stick) . The extraction method of how to extract the "Ultimate Boot CD" by the use of 7-Zip is shown at the top of the page "Ultimate Boot CD - Customizing UBCD" and the "Making UBCD memory stick" is shown further down the page.
    The "wipe CMOS" procedure using the "Ultimate Boot CD" is described as :
    Boot from CD. Select Mainoard Tools => BIOS Tools => WipeCMOS V1.2 and select to perform safe CMOS wipe.

Please notice that all the here mentioned/described scenarios for attempting to clear your BIOS involves risks one way of the other, like for example that one have to trus that "WipeCMOS V1.2" would be able to "perform safe CMOS wipe" without damaging your PC , or for example that any attempt to remove hardware fron your Laptop and putting it back is also risky . So if you do anything of such it must be understood that you are doing it at your own responsebility solely !!!

If you to give me the exact name and model number of your Laptop , like for example : "FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO Pro Edition V3505" , then am willing to check to see if there is a BIOS update tool download from your Laptop manufacturer that could be used to re-write BIOS from either floppydisc (if you got one or a USB one) or perhaps from USB stick. It is however not certain that such a download will exist for your machine.
    Also re-writing BIOS from e.g. floppy is also involving a risk, but with the problems you are facing you will have to try one thing or another to get your BIOS to behave so you can gain access.

Please notice :
    A) If trying method to reset by removing hardware and so on then do not touch any inner hardware unless that you have released any static electricity from your body, before touching the hardware, by you touching grounded metal to release any static electricity from your body .
    B) Any attempts to reset or re-write your Laptop BIOS involves a potential risk that your Laptop could be rendered useless...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  9. Ashanta

The exact name of my laptop is indeed "FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO Pro Edition V3505". I already checked on the latest firmware on their website. The latest one is from 2007.

The files in the "Regback folder" are dated on today 23th of November. The date of creation is on 11/02/2006

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  10. GlobalForce

Exactly as I listed. Choosing Vista reveals the instructions.

11. Ashanta

I re-flashed the bios and reboot, but nothing changes, I can't enter in.

12. GlobalForce

If not CMOS, try the RAM bit. It goes something like this.

13. GlobalForce

Though I haven't had enough time to check, your manuals may cover the procedure. If not this one, then the pro notebook.

14. Ashanta

Thanks GlobalForce, I will check it ! :thumb:

15. GlobalForce

It's the former and no, it doesn't. It only shows where. Once in, stick with the Foner books link.

16. Ashanta

I removed the 2 slots of memory ram and I fixed again. I close everything and switch on again my computer, but unfortunately, nothing changes :doubt:

The next steps will be wipecmos but I need an USB stick. I will ask for a usb stick to a friend.

17. GlobalForce

But did you turn the laptop back on with the memory out? Two modules or one?

18. Ashanta

I turned back my laptop and I removed the 2 modules ( 2 modules in my hand ;) ) , and put again on the right place, both modules. Sorry for my bad explanation. Then, I start my computer again.

19. GlobalForce

Try BIOS with one stick in the default location. If no good, swap with the other and retry.

20. Fiat_Lux

If that is the case then is is likely that the Windows Vista chose it's weekly copying the new to the old today, not good news - you should probably have copied them yesterday when I mentioned it and you said you would copy them....
    If it has switched the old good with new bad , today , then the files in the "Regback folder" is probably no good by now.
    Of course you can still try to use the files from the "C:\windows\system32\config\regback" folder to see if they still works but I would be surprised if they did.
    I however seems to have read somewhere that in the "C:\windows\system32\config\" folder there could be be placed some older files named .bak , if they exists then perhaps you try swiching to them , they are probably very old and if so a lot of programs that you have installed might have to be re-installed to work again.

With respect to the BIOS flashing and the rest of the discussion then I would like to voice my opinion.
    The fact that you have flashed the BIOS and it did not work/change anything for you , is probably because that there is somepart of the BIOS that is not normally overwritten when flashing, sometimes, I think to remember, the BIOS writing program can be set to write to these areas that it would normally not overwrite. If such is supported there exists a slight possibility that that might help. Normally when one has flashed a BIOS then one has to enter the BIOS afterwards and restore to either "default" or "optimal" values for the BIOS flashing to be considered done correctly, and then one has to manually set up the BIOS values again.
    The forementioned "WipeCMOS V1.2" might be able to do what you need but I can not guarantee - all BIOS work is on your own responsebility.
    About the removing the hardware, if going that way, I think you will probably have to remove a lot more than RAM to "schock" the BIOS into a reset, you will probably have to follow the procedure that "GlobalForce" referred to, that I described above, for it to work.
    The principle here is that when BIOS looses all its hardware, Harddisc , DVD-drive, USB drive , RAM , net, everything, then it is probable that it can be forced to "reconsider" and go into some sort of reset. But I give a lot less chanche for things to work if removing only RAM .
    But as the other person described they first powered on without the hardware on , and then afterwards started with only RAM (as it is a laptop they have not removed the CPU and so on as I have desribed in this procedure).

21. Ashanta

So, only one stick and then I start my computer ? and then, the other one ?

22. GlobalForce

Yeah, see what she does on one. You'll have to determine which slot's default.

23. Ashanta

OK, I see ;)

As Fiat said I will start my computer without Ram memory to reset Bios settings.

24. Fiat_Lux

No you need to remove more than RAM , if you want to go hardware , you'll have to remove harddisc, USB , things , DVD drive , net plug AND RAM, all the things , then turn on PC , when it then comes up with black screen then turn off PC and put in only RAM first and see if that helped.
    It is not a certain solution , but if you want just a chance to go "reset" by hardware , then the BIOS needs a greater "shock" than just loosing it's RAM.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  25. Ashanta

I removed both stick and I ran the laptop without any memory (black screen).

I inserted both sticks but swapping this time. I switch on my laptop and reboot, but still Bios doesn' react to F2 key. I'm not enable to remove harddisc and others harware components from my laptop, sorry Fiat. This USB stick was working 1 year ago on this laptop.

I tested my USB stick on my neighbour's desktop computer and it works. On my laptop, my old USB stick doesn't work. I will ask to another friend for a new one USB stick to test on my laptop.

PS: My USB ports are working properly as I have an external drive working on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.