Can't register jscript and vbscript dll

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ashanta, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiat_Lux

Fiat_Lux Registered Member

The WinRE above is not about re-installing but about changing present version of system files to prior ones by copying prior versions of system files to their place instead.
    You don't even need to delete the present system files , just rename them.

P.S.
    Also found a video about "How To Create An Admin User Account via CMD"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp6aVj0o_LA&NR=1&feature=fvwp

2. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

When I rename I have a message something like 'file already in use by another process"

3. Fiat_Lux

When booting from Vista DVD into Vista DVD WIN RE ?
    Using Vista's Recovery Enviorment (WinRE)

4. Ashanta

Hi Fiat,

When rebooting from my old settings, I created a new admin account with my old admin account.

How to fix the blackscreen on my user account when log in and from my admin account, the looping with opening session and closing session.

5. Fiat_Lux

Glad you got that fixed....
    So I guess that you understood that you had to use the WINPE enviroment to get the old files back ? (did you copy all the files back as shown in the post linked to ?)

I would suggest that you try fixing the problem by removing your old user account completely via your admin account and create a new account instead.

THE COMMAND NET USER
    If it is not possible to create or remove a certain user account try the command NET USER in the command prompt with additional administrator rights. Right click the shortcut to the Command Prompt (start menu, All Programs, Accessories) and select Run as administrator to start the command prompt with administrator rights. The command NET USER shows a list of all available user accounts. To create a user account, use the command NET USER loginname /ADD and to delete a user account, use the command NET USER loginname /DELETE. Especially the last command to delete a user account can be useful. Use the command NET HELP to view all options of the command NET.

Sorry for your problems , but atleast I stay and try help you fix them.
    Also it is impossible to say what exactly caused the problem as there are more possible reasons.

6. Ashanta

Hi again,

Code:
    did you copy all the files back as shown in the post linked to ?

No, I didn't. I only have a Recovery DVD from Fujitsu Siemens to recover the Vista OS but, it doesn't load at boot up : I mean I boot up with my DVD but it doesn't load. By the way, the last time I checked my Bios, 2 days ago, I change the boot up prior with first CD but I don't know if it takes on account the DVD. For now, I can enter into my Bios, I tried when rebooting with Esc or F10 and F12.

From this new admin account, named Secours I tried to create a new user account, all was ok: I log off from my Admin and log in to this new user account, it takes a long time for the first time due to dekstop loading but after that, I had again this blue screen I got the last time. This is not the blue screen windows, but a blue screen dekstop with no icons, no start windows, no system tray anything.

I'd like to use a Winpe Environment but how can I do for now ?

Thanks for your support Fiat

7. Fiat_Lux

if you want to continue trying to solve the problem the way that you want to then you could possibly harm the backup files that we need to restore properly, because as far as I have understood then Vista will eventually go back and update these old files with the ones that you got now and then things is really in a mess. But if you wish I will try to think if I can find a way.
    But I would like to point out that the only real and proper way to try to solve the problem would have been if you had (been able) used the Windows Recovery Enviroment from the start (as I suggested earlier).
    To understand the registry then please read this : "Windows registry information for advanced users" (which should make you understand my post here ) .
    There is an advanced way to get the Windows RE : "Creating Windows RE Using Windows AIK"
    Also you can download it but I am not sure that it is neither legal nor safe ....

(By the way , do you use 32 Bit or 64 Bit ?)

8. Ashanta

I have Vista Business 32 bits

Aik is for Vista Family. ;)

9. Fiat_Lux

Good , then there should be no problem because that should mean that it is for all the different Vista O.S. .

But meanwhile , if you want to keep using the PC now , then I would like to suggest that you copy all the files from the directory "C:\windows\system32\config\regback" to for example "C:\windows\system32\config\regback2" or "C:\windows\system32\config\saved" so that you have the copy (version) you have now even if Windows should alter them again, which it hopefully has not done yet.....

10. Ashanta

Look at this from my new admin account.

Attached Files:

11. Fiat_Lux

(Before procceding then please backup your old system files from "C:\windows\system32\config\regback" , as already suggested !!! )

I assume that your "blue screen" is a blue desktop with a mouse cursor and not a BSOD (blue screen of death).

When you had the blue screen did you then try my earlier suggestion ? :
    press ctrl-alt-delete (should get you taskmanager)
    click the "applications" tab
    click the "new task" button
    type this: explorer.exe
    hit enter

As you know one has to be careful when editing the registry, but the only thing I can see that should cause the problem is a registry problem.
    When you got the blue desktop you could try to run regedit.exe and check if the keys below is in place and if not then place them there , use method mentioned here .

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    Shell=Explorer.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    Userinit=C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe

Alternatively , if you, at the blue screen, can get explorer.exe running (by method suggested above) then perhaps you could use the regfile (Winlogon_Specify_Shell_Userinit.zip) (1 minut wait and a pest of typing the right words to get the file) I link to here to put the data into your registry.
    That is what I can come up with for now.

12. Fiat_Lux

So you got the WinRE ? , if so then please try the fix suggested earlier , and let us hope that it will fix your problem.

13. Ashanta

yes, it's a blue screen dekstop for my deleted user account. This one, I created according to the step 8.

What I have is black screen dekstop on my user account, Transp.
    I already tried from the TaskManager, explorer.exe but it doesn't work. Nevertheless, cmd.exe works, Sandboxie appears with a menu to run in the Sandbox or outside.

I checked both keys userinit and explorer, both are present in my registry.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  14. Ashanta

Do I click to the 'Create' button ?

15. Fiat_Lux

16. Ashanta

All what next on reading I already make it :

"To access this partition, you would slowly tap the F8 key on your keyboard after the BIOS information clears from your screen until you see the Windows startup menu. From this menu use your arrow keys to select the option for the Windows Recovery Environment and press the enter key on your keyboard. You should now see a black screen with a white status bar at the bottom stating Windows is loading files.... After a while, the status bar will turn completely white and you will see a screen stating that Windows is loading. The Windows Setup environment will continue to load and when finished you will be presented with a screen similar to Figure 2."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial147.html

The problem is that take a long time and I don't see this screen appearing on figure 2, but I already tapped F8 to 'Repair Computer' (the word WRE don't appear on F:cool: the status bar was become in white indeed.

My DVD Recovery is only to install it, I don't have Repair Computer option

17. Ashanta

WinRe is referring to 'Repair Computer' at boot up, not the CD/DVD

18. Fiat_Lux

It's hard for me to estimate if this could have to do with if your installation of the Win RE is not done properly, I'll try to look further into the issue (pity that you don't have access to an original Vista DVD) ,
    suggestions for right now is only this :
    try (prior to boot) to disconnect/unplugging all non-essential devices such as USB devices, printer and so on...
    or : try to choose boot to Command Prompt and run chkdsk /r

While you check if either help , I will see if I can come up with other suggestions ...

19. Ashanta

I will do it : Command Prompt and run chkdsk /r

20. Ashanta

The Volume is clean ---chkdsk report

Win Re at boot up, I'm not sure it works properly.

How long time do you estimate for the ''Repair computer'' from Win RE ? I was waiting for 5 minutes

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  21. Fiat_Lux

I estimate that 5 minutes ought to be enough for the Recovery Enviroment to find your Windows , did you try to disconnect USB and so on ?

22. Ashanta

No, I didn't

23. Ashanta

Look at this :

Attached Files:

24. Fiat_Lux

I'm looking , but don't know what you are aiming at (what you mean) (?)

Are things working for you now ?

25. Ashanta

No, I've just downloaded Vista recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.