Can't protect against Cnsmin

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rjsaul, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjsaul

rjsaul Registered Member

Hi,

My PC is infected Cnsmin. I've managed to disable it but SpywareBlaster Block list for CnsMin doesn't enable the block. I tried custom blocking, that doen't work either. I haven't removed the service CnsMin yet but it's disabled.

Thanks,

Rick

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Did you have Spywareblaster installed before or after the infection ?

Spywareblaster has protection for 7 of CnsMin keyword-lookup CLSIDS and in case it's not part of the database which one are you trying to block so it can be added ?

Also....according to the below article at Doxdesk....Spybot and\or Ad-Aware should have no problem in removing that parasite.

Doxdesk article for CnsMin

3. rjsaul

rjsaul Registered Member

Hi,

CnsMin was on the Laptop when I installed SpyWare Blaster. I also have ad-Aware and Spybot installed. Both were not able to uninstall all the pieces. I was able manually remove the detected pieces but there is this CnsMinKP.sys driver/service that I can't get rid of. I tried disabling the service but it enabled itself again.

Is SW Blaster not protecting against CnsMin until it's completely disabled? Why can't I enable protection on the current CnsMin entries?

Oh, BTW, this is Chinese XP.

Thanks,

Rick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.