Can't Move Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by deegee, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deegee

deegee Registered Member

I have partition (NTFS) that is 15.67 MB and I would like to re-claim this (move this to another partition. Not really for sure what to do. I am a complete newbie at this. I have tried to do what the manual says but I am getting no where real fast. Thinking about buying some other software to remedy this. HELP!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello deegee,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could please answer my following questions? It will us to identify what you are trying to perform.

- How many partitions does your hard drive have?
    - Do you want to recover a lost/deleted partition or use the space from one partition to increase the second?
    - Do you want to copy a partition?
    - What operating system do you use?

Our Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 allows you to perform everything from the above mentioned. We can offer you to download the free trial version in order to take a look how the software works for you.

If you would like to order your software before the trial period ends, please visit the Acronis online store.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. deegee

deegee Registered Member

I have 4 partitions NTFS and 1 FAT. I want to increase a partitions size from another. I do not want to copy a partition. My operating system is Windows XP Home. The partition that I want to take from or should I say eliminate and add to another is 15.67 MB (NTFS) in size. It wont let me do this.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello deegee,

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

As I understand you are trying to perform this operation using a trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0. Please correct me if I am not right.

Please be aware that Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 trial version has the following limitations:

- Only partitions of the minimum size (1 cylinder ~ 7,8 MBytes) can be created (both in Windows and in rescue mode);
    - Acronis OS Selector trial period expires after 15 days, and then starts with a 15 seconds delay;

So this trial version will not allow you to commit the opeation you have chosen to perform. But you will be able to do this with the full version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.