Cant log in to wilders with firefox?

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Dreamcatcher, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher Guest

Hi, Does anyone else have this problem? I dont mind using IE at wilders for cookies but I would rather use Firefox, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

For me it is intermittent. It just started about 10 minutes ago.
    I was logged in with FF 1.5 no problems, then I went to preview a post and Wilders doesn't load. Clear cache, exit FF, start FF and Wilders is the only site that won't load right. Sometimes it tries to download a file as a .php.
    IE no problem. Previous times when it happened, I would click a forum link and it would act like it is loading the page forever and finally try to download application octet stream.

Strange.

3. DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher Guest

Thanks Devinco,

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Very occasionally I had the same problem, [well not that it tried to download PHP, just got timed out connection], simply retried and it worked, most times, now I thought it was a case of a little hiccup along the 'hops' to Wilders, or Wilders itself, but since your post, well....

All I ever have done was to close the TAB that was trying to open and retry and it usually come back up fine.

a couple of times, after Wilders 'failed' to load I went to other sites, worked fine and came back to Wilders, and if it still would not load, I closed/restarted FF and then no probs.

Soooo it looks like there could be some corrulation between this and your hiccups guys?

Now, I have never cleared cache, etc, as I could still browse to other sites, and never thought FF was the problem, but maybe a clear of cache occasionally or restart could fix it.

TAS

5. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Thanks Tassie_Devils.

If it was something on the backend of Wilders, then there would be a lot of people with the same problems. So I guess it is some interaction maybe with extensions or plugins, NOD HTML filtering, who knows.

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

You guys have KIS 2006? I can't use KIS and come here unless I want to deal with this site downloading a file as php whenever I post here. Browsing the site with KIS running is no problem. But posting results in a file download box every time. Quite irritating.

7. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Mele, not KIS per se, but am running KAV 4.5 PRO.

:) TAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.