Can't Install

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lsb, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsb

lsb Registered Member

Most frustrating. I have removed the installed version of ESET that came with my computer because it was not my license and it was set to expire. I removed it from add/remove programs plus I went into the C drive and removed two other folders that did not get removed from the original uninstall. Then I restarted my computer.

Today I purchased a license for myself. When I try to install, it get an error. See photo attached. I don't know what to do at this point. What am I doing wrong?

ESET.jpg

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. lsb

lsb Registered Member

I did not have the base filtering engine and followed the directions on this page http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2861&ref=wsf. Restarted the computer, checked to see that I now have the base filtering engine, hit the install button again and received the same error. Installing software should not be this difficult. :mad:

4. lsb

lsb Registered Member

Using the ESET Uninstaller may reset your Windows network settings

This warning causes me concern if I use the removal tool. Where is the link for the off line installer?

I am downloading from the saved installer on my desktop. I don't know if that counts as being off line.

5. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.