can't install home image on new computer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by inhaler, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inhaler

inhaler Registered Member

Hi
    I have the lastest acronis home true imgage 11. I try to install it on my new computer and when it asks for the serial number I enter it, then it says you are about to upgrade and asks for my old serial number. I don't have an old number I purchased the product March 2008. I have search google and acronis site and here with no results. Any help would be appreciated.

inhaler

2. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

I would email Acronis ; I'm not sure how to help about that. Good luck.:)

3. inhaler

Thanks I'm doing now

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello inhaler,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. inhaler

Thank you for the reply
    The request number is 1473950

Inhaler

6. Acronis Support

Hello inhaler,

Many thanks for the information.

The case is escalated to the appropriate person. Please be sure you will get an answer in the nearest time.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

7. inhaler

Thank you

It has been resolved by installing Seagate Discwizard then installing Acronis.

inhaler

8. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

This software gets weirder and weirder. o_O

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  9. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Did you buy an upgrade version instead of the complete version? That would explain why it asked for the previous versions serial number.

Very clever of you to intall Seagate's TI 10 version and then "upgrade" from that.

10. inhaler

Yes, I had a Seagate drive and installed discwizard and liked it. So I "upgraded" at a discount to true image 11.

11. jmk94903

OK, that explains everything.

Normally when you upgrade, you have the earlier version's serial number. However the Disc Wizard doesn't have a serial number visible when it's not installed, so if it is uninstalled, you are in a catch 22.

Nice job on your part to figure out the solution. Just hang onto that copy of the Disc Wizard in case you have to install TI 11 again.

I wonder if when Disc Wizard is installed you can click Help / About and see a serial number that would allow the upgrade to be installed? Unfortunately, I don't have Disc Wizard installed anywhere right now to check this. Anyone?

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  12. inhaler

I wish I could take the credit but I can't. It was acronis's support that solved it for me. And yes in disc wizard you can get the s/n in help / about. But I'm not going to test the theory of using the old s/n.

13. jmk94903

If you ever have to reinstall the Disc Wizard, you can note the S/N at that time for future use. With luck, you never will have to. :)

14. Acronis Support

Hello inhaler,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.