Can't Install G Data After Playing With Trial Version

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DasFox, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I was playing with G Data AV 2011 on a trial version and then I saw that G Data had an offer through TrialPay to get the Internet Security version for free so I went for it.

Well now, after uninstalling the AV trial version, when I try to install the Internet Security version and click to install the full version, when running it and trying to do the update, 'Click on "Register with Server"' so I can put in my key it just pops up and says my trial version is ended and it won't let me put a key in anywhere. The only screen I see is to put in a username and password but all I have is a license key to put in, but don't see anywhere to do this.

According to the info I got from TrialPay it says this:

1. Download your free version of G Data InternetSecurity 2011 here:
    -http://qsmirror02.gdatasecurity.de/qs/SECURITY2011/ENG/21.0.2.1/ENG_R_FUL_2011_IS.exe-

2. Install the free G Data InternetSecurity 2011 on your computer and follow the instructions

3. During the installation click on "Install full version of G Data InternetSeucirty 2011"

4. After restart your PC Doubleclick on the G Data-Icon below your systemwatch

5. Click on "Perform Updates"

6. Click on "Register with Server"

7. Insert the following activation key to activate your free version of G Data InternetSecurity 2011: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

8. Now your free version of G Data InternetSecurity 2011 is fully installed. Included 12 month of Anitvirus- and Software-Updates

So anyone have a clue how to clean out of the box all of G Data files, reg. entries etc that still seem to think I'm running an expired trial version? So I can install this thing?

THANKS

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
  2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Attached Files:

• GDAV.gif
      GDAV.gif
      File size:
      16.5 KB
      Views:
  3. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Hi, when you click the "register with server " button you should get a new window to insert the license key. Gdata will email you a user name/password.
    hope this helps.

Attached Files:

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

THANKS, at least I'll get it cleaned out.

For now I'll just install it on my other box and use it, the one I wanted to clean it out from, it's to slow to use this program, sucks up to much memory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.