Can't install Eset Smart Security 5

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by armavista, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armavista

armavista Registered Member

Hi,

I want to install Eset Smart Security 5 on my girlfriend's laptop (Windows 7 Family Premium 64 bits), but i can't.

First i uninstalled all Eset products using the Eset uninstaller in safe mode (Eset Antivirus was previously installed).

Then i launched the install msi file (64 bits) downloaded from the website.
    The installation process goes all the way without any problem.

When i want to start the program, i can't find anything in the start menu or the desktop.
    When i go to the Eset folder in Program Files, there are only 33 dat files (first one is em000_32.dat) and 10 tmp files (first one is TBDF086.tmp) and 12 other tmp files in the x86 folder and nothing else o_O

I've been using Eset NOD32 for years on my computers and never had a single problem.

Please help me. Many thanks

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

OK this is an interesting one. One thought might be to run the uninstaller tool again in Safe Mode and run it repeatedly until you get a message that no security products could be found. Restart the computer and verify that the following folders are gone:

C:\Program Files\ESET
    C:\ProgramData\ESET

Once that's verified, download a fresh .msi file from eset.com and install again. After installation, restart the computer and let us know if you're still having the same issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.