Can't get the backup to work

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by primal23, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primal23

primal23 Registered Member

When I run it in windows XP, there are a lot of files that need to be closed to work, and so I tell it to restart my system, and when itd does, the Drive Backup 9 starts, and every time it fail, with a cannot start process. I am sorry I didn't have the exact error message, forgot to write it down. Any clues? If the exact message is needed, I can do it again.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello primal23,

If your Windows XP is 64bit, there are certain limitations depending which version of Drive Backup you have. Create a recovery media and boot to the recovery environment to perform a backup. This will overcome the 64bit problem if that's the cause. In addition, Paragon should not have to restart for a live backup as VSS eliminates that problem. Check under Tools > Settings that Microsoft Shadow Copy Services is selected. If it is already on Microsoft Shadow Copy, change to Paragon Hot Processing as there's a conflict with your VSS service.

Check to see if your VSS services are enabled: Start > Run > "Services.msc" and start "Volume Shadow Copy".

Disable any other imaging or firewall programs ie Acronis, Nero, Zonealarm.

I would also run a check disk of your hard drive. Start > Run > "cmd" > "chkdsk c: /r"

Running the backup from the CD once will tell you that the disk is healthy, and there's a program or windows conflict. At least we know where to work from one successful point to another.

3. primal23

That was it, VSS was off, changed it to start automatically. Thank you! :)

4. primal23

new issue lol

I just got error 0x1200e
    It says error source Hard Disk Manager.

5. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello primal23,

0x1200E indicates there's a "Internal error during HotBackup". Run a chkdsk of your system with parameter /r and try switching to Paragon Hot Progressing in Tools > Settings > Hot Progressing.

Possible hard drive failure.

6. primal23

Thanks again! That was it, changed the HD and now its working smoothly. Thanks again! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.