Can't get ShadowProtect 3.3 to work

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by marty3d, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marty3d

marty3d Registered Member

Hi!
    I'm trying out the trial of SP3.3 because I wanted to test alternatives to TI (and SP got some raving reviews). So far, this has been a bothersome experience. It didn't get any better that you're totally ignored on their own support forum.

Anyways, I can create a full backup, but when I try a differential backup, it fails saying that the full backup has an "Unexpected end of file" or similar.

The reason I even bother asking this is that I feel it IS a good backup program.

One problem is surely that I had TI 11 installed before, but that's gone now, even removed that snapman (or what it's called) thing :)

So, any ideas people?

Thanks alot!
    /Martin

2. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Did you try emailing support ? I know they are kind of slow.As a matter of fact i emailed them and asked them to reactivate my software on Friday and they still didn't email me back.

Keep emailing them or pm grngmx (sp?) here chances are you will get a response before christmas.:rolleyes:

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

What operating system. Also did you verify the image. Have you tried it in the recovery environment, and finally did you try an incremental?

Pete

4. marty3d

marty3d Registered Member

I got a response from someone at the Storagecraft forum, but nothing yet that could help, though.

Pete:
    - Vista, on both machines.
    - I did verify the full image without errors.
    - What is the recovery environment?
    - I couldn't find any "incremental" option, just dfferential. If you mean differential, yes, that's what didn't work.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The recovery CD which you would need to to a restore.

I'll try playing with it on my Vista Image. In general I rarely do differentials as disk space isn't an issue, and it doesn't take long before they take longer. But it should work.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.