Cant get rid of eicar test from my email

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Labrie, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

I checked out how nod32 works protecting my email client with a extensive test available at:
    http://www.testvirus.org/

Ive got to say that nod32 did pretty well...only missed 3 out of 27...but surprisingly the eicar´s email that passed away from the email scanner were detected by the nod32 full scan...i have both running in maximum security...so it doesnt make sense to me.

Anyway, lets put things into the subject of this thread, i deleted all the eicar samples from my email client...even the trash folder...but nod32 keeps calling for virus when i make full scans...here´s where they are located:

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/4096/capturenod9uk.jpg

I know this samples are not harmful at all..but it would be interesting to know how i get rid off them to prevent that this happens with real virus.

Tx for the attentionl

;)

2. fosius

fosius Registered Member

If you use Outlook Express you have to File->Folders->Clear Folders. Sorry but I dont know how is it correctly in English Outlook Express...

3. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

hi fosius! i use thunderbird as email client. Tx anyway :D

4. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Labrie, you need to go to your Thunderbird profile. You must have your computer set to show all files. Go to C -Documents and Settings -your name-Application data - Thunderbird - profiles- mail -inbox -open it with notepad or wordpad- find the infected email and delete it.

5. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

you were right....i just deleted those files following your instructions. Tx for the help ;)

6. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Anytime. Glad I could help. :D

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

NB: if you had IMON turned off, it would have intercepted those files before they would have gotten to the Inbox folder. I'd be interested in knowing what were those 3 files missed by NOD32 - if you used another AV to collect some viruses, please bear in mind that some other programs detect also corrupted non-working files as infected whereas NOD32 doesn't.

8. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

Hi Marcos! tx for the attention...i dont use virus to test my Av, too dangerous for me, im talking about a test using 27 eicar samples to test email protection that is available for everyone.

I have bitdefender free for on demand scanner...sometimes nod32 gives False positive and i find Bitdefender very useful to check it out.

Im gonna make the test again to tell you wich sample slipped away from imon.

Regards my friend.

:D

9. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

http://img63.exs.cx/img63/6782/capture19ov.jpg

This are the test samples i was talking about...actually 4 passed away.

Though all of them but 5 cant be execute without nod32 alerting you...and all of them are detected in full scan.

:D

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.