Can't Get Recovery Disk to Fix Master Boot Record

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by i_am_jim, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i_am_jim

i_am_jim Registered Member

Given the new error message, do you still think I need to run

bootsect ?

2. i_am_jim

i_am_jim Registered Member

Well, well, well. It's fixed. I disconnected all drives (which I thought I had done before). I forget a flash drive is a real drive to the system. So I disconnected the flash drive (in addition to the real hard drives) and it booted straight through. Doing that must have made it heal itself, 'cause now it seems to be fixed with all drives connected.

Thanks to all for their attempts to help.

In summary, I ran BootRec.exe from the Windows recovery mode, and ran each argument (not just fixmbr which alone didn't help). After that it gave the latest error message above. So, I disconnected all drives except the main Windows drive (Drive 0) and rebooted. This healed it and now all drives are reconnected and all is well. I think it would be safer to disconnect the other drives before running BootRec.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  3. wptski

wptski Registered Member

You could try the FREE CLI version of MBRWizard here: http://firesage.com/mbrwizard.php or run the bootsec command that SIW2 suggested first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.