Can't get mscomctl.ocx to register

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Rick Pettus, Jan 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Pettus

Rick Pettus Guest

I'm trying to install SB on my son's WinXP SP1 computer. After getting the Runtime Error 339 I downloaded and extracted the ocx file to his System folder. When I double click the file nothing happens; when I right click it I don't know what to open it with. How do I activate this file?

Rick

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

3. Rick Pettus

Rick Pettus Guest

I followed the instructions but I can't find the .inf file! Double clicking the ocx file does nothing and I don't know what to open it with when I right click.

Rick

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello Rick,

You need a program to extract the .ocx and .inf files from the compressed .cab file. I think windows has a way built in to do this, but I am not sure how you do it. I am sure someone will jump in and help with this. I personnally use WinRar to manage all of my compression/decompression of files. You can check it out here: http://www.rarlab.com/. It has a free 40 day trial period.

Hope this helps.....

Regards,
    Kent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.