can't get it to work

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by josH, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josH

josH Guest

hi i have a little problem... when i try to open spywareblaster i get a windowsinstaller screen asking for the XP professional first disk. Since i don't have that disk and my home edition disk does'nt work i don't know what to do :doubt:.

i already installed the 2 files listed on the site but that does'nt seemed to work.

any tips please cus im sick of spyware and this would be the perfect thing for me :D

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi josH,

Could you try to empty the Windows\Temp folder?
    Or, if that doesn´t work, try to install spywareBlaster in safe mode.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Igor

Igor Guest

Windows Installer is launched several times

Similar problem. Any time SpywareBlaster or SpywareGuard start, Windows Installer fires again and again trying to update my Office 2000. Have to click "Cancel" for several times, then Installer is gone and SpywareBlaster (or SpywareGuard) proceeds normally. Quite an annoyance as SpywareGuard launches at startup forcing me to deal with this issue every time my computer boots. System specs: Windows XP Professional, MS Office 2000 SP3. Thanks! :rolleyes:

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I have had a few reports of this problem in the past and it seems to be due to a corrupted Office file/installation.

Uninstalling Office completely and reinstalling it seems to fix the issue. If that is possible in your situations, it may be the way to go.

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. josH

josH Guest

a fresh instal of office did the trick for me. big thanx for the support and keep up the good work :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.