Can't fully uninstall True Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alx1880, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alx1880

alx1880 Registered Member

Hi, ive been testing True Image, a good piece of software but im an old fashioned guy and decided to backup my files in DVDs.

The problem is that after i uninstalled True Image, i get a message from it when i reboot my comp, the message says something similar to "Press F11 to activate Acronis True Image".

I tried everything from using uninstall programs to deleting registry entries but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

You will find the necessary procedure at the follwing link

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=773771&postcount=8

The only problem with that procedure is that you cannot store your OS setup and if that goes then you will need to reinstall it from scratch, including all the other third party programs that you have currently installed.
    Also, if you have your OS setup to your liking then you will need to go through the procedure again and often it's not what you had in the first place.
    When you have an image of your OS it only takes a fraction of the time to restore it and be up and running.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello alx1880,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Most likely, you have created Acronis Secure Zone and activated Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. This changed your hard drive's MBR to allow booting into a special Acronis Rescue Environment so that you can create and restore backups without booting into Windows (you can find more information in other threads on this forum and in Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide).

You can de-activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager in the two different ways:

- The preferred way is to install Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and delete Acronis Secure Zone using Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard adding it's space to any partition on your hard drive (see chapter 8 of the above mentioned User's Guide);

- You can also fix your hard drive's MBR either by booting the computer from Windows installation CD and issuing the 'fixmbr' command in Recovery Console or using one of the methods described in Acronis Help Post and then delete Acronis Secure Zone using the special partition managing software such as Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0, for example.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.