Can't find proper serial number/installer won't work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by findoc, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. findoc

findoc Registered Member

All of a sudden, when I start True Image 10, I get this message:

"Acronis*True*Image can not find the proper serial number. You should reinstall the product."

I run the installer, and no matter if I try Modify, Repair, or Uninstall, I get this message:

"The installer was interrupted before Acronis True Image could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again."

Of course, no matter how many time I restart the installer, I get the same message. This is a registered product, running on Vista Home Premium 32-bit. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it!

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Perhaps the easiest solution would be to use one of your backup archives and restore your C drive back to a time when it was working correctly. If you do this, be sure and boot from the Rescue CD when the restore is being performed.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello findoc,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Please do the following in order to solve the issue:

- Uninstall Acronis True Image
    - Open Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit)
    - Find the following branches:
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\TrueImage
    - Set Full Control permission for SYSTEM and current accounts for these branches
    - Install Acronis True Image over again

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

4. billdcat

billdcat Registered Member

I have the same problem as Findoc after installing the Seagate DiscWizard. I uninstalled DW – same problem. I (as it looks like Findoc) can’t uninstall TI because it gives the message “The installer was interrupted…”. The same thing happens if I try to uninstall from windows. I have set the Registry permissions as stated and still no joy.

Any other ideas?

5. Acronis Support

Hello billdcat,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Do you have an Upgrade license of Acronis True Image? Have you installed Acronis True Image over DiskWizard?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

6. billdcat

billdcat Registered Member

I purchased 9.0 and then purchased an upgrade to 10.0. I may have originally done an upgrade from a "lite" version, but it would have been a few years ago but everything has run fine.

7. Acronis Support

Hello billdcat,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

DiskWizard program is related to Acronis software family, that's why a lot of Acronis True Image files were overwritten and removed together with DiskWizard. The traces prevent Acronis True Image from the proper functionality.

Have you tried to repair the program or to uninstall it using the installation file? Also, you can try to use Windows CleanUp utility. Install and run it; select the Acronis product and hit Remove.

Try to install the product again and see if the problem remains.

Thank you.
    --
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.