Can't find harddrives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vafan, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vafan

vafan Registered Member

Hi,

My system partition has started to act funny. So i decided to make a recovery using Boot Rescue CD. However. When CD has loaded and i click to continue, i get the error message. "Can't find harddrives".

I have two sata drives. I use Acronis True Image Home 9.0

Thanks

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Even with the latest build of ver 9, the Rescue cd will see only some Sata drives. I think ver 10 has better support for Sata drives. If you don't want to go that route, try making a BartPE cd and incorporate the True Image plug-in in it. There's a whole topic devoted to doing that.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Download the TI2009 demo and make the restore CD and see if it will find/restore your existing archive. If it does, then you know an upgrade is in your future.

You have come unstuck at probably the most common place when doing a restore - trying the recovery CD for the first time when you really need it and then finding there is a problem.

4. vafan

vafan Registered Member

Thanks to the both of you. Installed the TI2009 Demo and made a Rescue CD. It worked like a charm. Found the drives and i managed to restore the system partition (C). However, the demo version disappeared since i installed it on C. I usually install apps on a different partition.

One question. I don't feel like upgrading TI at the moment, but i should be able to use the Rescue CD i made with TI2009 Demo even if i now only have TI Home 9.0 installed? Maybe a daft question, but wth.

Thanks again. :)

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

The demo (trial) Rescue CD will do only Restores, not Backups.

6. vafan

vafan Registered Member

Ok. Figured that. But i thought i'd do the backups with TI 9.0. Until i decide to upgrade. And do future possible restores with the trial CD. That oughta work, right? Or does the Rescue CD i made with the 2009 demo only work for 15 days as well? Another daft question. Ha Ha!

Thanks. :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

No it will work forever. TI controls the demos by having the Windows part time out after a number of days. The CD is hobbled by only doing restores not archive creations.

I wouldn't want to speculate on the licensing legalities of this situation though.

8. vafan

vafan Registered Member

Ok. Thanks.

I see what You mean. And i will eventually upgrade to TI2009. :)

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We do not recommend to recover a backups made with Acronis True Image 9.0 Home using your Acronis True Image Home 2009. Acronis guarantees one-version-back compatibility for different versions of the same product. This means that current product version will work with backups created with one-generation-older version.

E.g. Acronis True Image 11 Home will work with backups created by Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. Restoring backups created by older versions (Acronis True Image 9.0 and older) is also possible, but error-free data recovery is not guaranteed.

Detailed information about Acronis True Image Home product can be found in User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.