Can't find drivers for eset_epfwndismp; Can't remove/uninstall it.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by delete1234567890, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delete1234567890

delete1234567890 Registered Member

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2360/94745196.jpg

Here's a picture of the Unknown Device. I found out about this problem when a pop-up message tells me there's something wanting to install just after Windows is starting up.

Since it's ESET, I let it run, it failed to find the driver, and quits (I cancelled it).

I searched online, looking for a driver that fits the "eset_epfwndismp", only to find just 3 forums threads about this stuff, yet none of them are something that tells me to find a place to grab a driver from. 2 of which came from this site.

Since it's a 2 vs 1 (2 WildersSecurityForums vs 1 ESET blah blah blah; not important anyway...), I'd go for 2, came to this place, and posted my topic here.

I'm not your average computer whiz, I'm just a Warcraft 3 map terrainer. So, please go easy on me.

Did anyone come up with a way to settle this ESET problem once and for all? I noticed, while searching the driver, several people seemed to encountered this problem before me. Is this a casual problem ESET isn't willing to fix?

Or is this thing a spyware-related something that doesn't allow the only administrator of my computer privileges to access this ESET_EPFWNDISMP folder in the regedit? (Following the instructions made less than 2 years prior to this, it told me to go find subinacl.msi, type in a cmd order, then another, then delete the folders...)

Sorry it's long. :doubt:

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

why would you take the time to make a member name like that. Just curious.

3. delete1234567890

Why, it makes me very unique. :)

4. delete1234567890

A full day bump.

There's no solution for this problem? Never knew this is a troublesome problem...

Forgot to mention, I'm using ESET Smart Security 4.0.314.0. Either the automatic updating is off sync, or I can't update. That's all.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The picture shows a driver for ESET's firewall.

You are using an older version of ESET Smart Security, v4.0.437.0 is the latest. Perhaps updating to that build will resolve the driver being treated as an unrecognized device.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. delete1234567890

Alright, I tried updating. I've been doing this for about 3 or 4 days, so this is very problematic...

Here's what I got when I turned on my computer, just after logging into Windows Vista:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2666/24715348.jpg

Then, I came to this place, and saw your reply, so I did it and I got this:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6227/30071837.jpg

But, it's still not the latest version of ESET Smart Security. I'm guessing it's due to the Firewall Miniport problem...

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3788/45711916.jpg

Awaiting your replies! :)

7. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

You have to download the latest installer from www.eset.com and peform a upgrade. A PCU (Program update) is not released yet to update your program automaticly. Only signatures en modules update automaticly.

8. delete1234567890

I downloaded the latest ESET with my username and password.

I followed the instructions on the ESET download page, saying that I need to uninstall my current version of NOD32 Smart Security. So, I went to the Control Panel, and got this problem:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6641/69895273.jpg

Notice where I boxed the spot in red; it didn't show up the "Uninstall/Change" button. So, that means I can't uninstall.

----------------------------------------------------

Speaking of this latest version, will it really get rid of this "eset_epfwndismp" problem? I don't want to go through a lot of trouble, downloading this, uninstalling that, reinstall this, and then realize the main problem still isn't fixed. My current version and the latest version seems to have very little changes. Or is that just something that makes me wonder if it really is a big change...?

I want some testimonial replies. Hoping someone can answer all of the questions.

9. pinjoa

pinjoa Registered Member

hi,

the firewall driver is installed by the installation software...

or

you can find all drivers on ESET Smart Security folder:
    C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Drivers\

10. agoretsky

Hello,

Try starting your computer in Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key as Microsoft Windows boots up and once the operating system is running select ESET → ESET Smart Security → Uninstall from the All Programs menu to uninstall the software. The older version of the software should then successfully uninstall.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

11. delete1234567890

Okay, I reinstalled NOD32 to the latest version. How do I make sure eset_epfwndismp has the drivers correctly?

A: No pop-ups coming out?
    B: eset_epfwndismp has nothing wrong?
    C: Uninstall "Unknown Device" and it will fix itself?

12. pinjoa

pinjoa Registered Member

the firewall component is installed by ESET Smart Security product, NOD32 product don't have firewall component...

13. agoretsky

Hello,

What do you now see in the Device Manager?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

14. delete1234567890

Sorry I didn't reply back in time. No need for me to tell you the reason why, right?

I checked the Device Manager, and all I can find (or see) are the usual components. Nothing much out of the ordinary.

Is there something I should be expecting or appearing?

15. agoretsky

Hello,

It sounds like the issue has been solved, correct?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.