Can't find backup image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tsblazer, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsblazer

tsblazer Registered Member

Hello,

I recently added a secondary hard drive to my computer. It's configured as a primary slave drive. Using Acronis True Image 8.0, I created a full backup onto this drive which I labeled drive X. I wanted to try restoring a file to my desktop so I booted the computer up with the Acronis Rescue Disk. When the disk loads up, my drive X: doesn't show up as an available drive. The only drives that show up are C:(primary master), D:(CD-drive), and E:(CDR/W drive). Now if my primary drive would happen to get corrupted, I wouldn't be able to reach the x: drive in order to restore the image. Any idea as to why this drive isn't showing up? Thanks

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

If you are using the last build of version 8, which is 937, it should see that second drive. If you are and it isn't, you may have to get the latest version 9 build 2337.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tsblazer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As Chutsman said, please make sure that you use the latest build of Acronis True Image 8.0 (937) which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

Please recreate the bootable rescue media with the latest update.

If the problem still persists, please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic and click on the OK button.

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. dheijl

dheijl Guest

Another possibility: TI does not recognize NTFS dynamic drives.
    My second drive was configured as a dynamic disk, I backed it up with a TI "Files and Folders" backup to my external disk, reformatted as basic disk, and restored from the Files and Folders backup. Problem gone.

But it would be better if dynamic disks were supported.

Danny
    ---

5. tsblazer

Thank you all for your help. The build version I'm running for 8.0 is 764. dheijl, you may be on to something here. My secondary drive is formatted as a dynamic drive. I'm going to try reformatting this drive as a basic drive instead of dynamic and create another backup then try restoring it from this drive again. I'll let you know how it works out.

6. Acronis Support

Hello tsblazer,

Please be aware that neither Acronis True Image 8.0 nor Acronis True Image 9.0 supports Windows dynamic disks and so this is the most probable reason why your second hard drive is not recognized when your PC is booted from Acronis True Image 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD. I would therefore recommend you to convert your second hard drive back to basic, boot from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 and see if this hard drive is recognized correctly.

If the problem still persists and the hard drive still can not be recognized when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 then please submit a request for technical support containing the information Tatyana has requested in her post #3 (the report.txt and sysinfo.txt files) along with the information about your purchase of Acronis sofwtare (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread.

Please also download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, create new Bootable Rescue CD, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists. Inform us about the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  7. Do you support backup from dynamic disks. Can we trust the images we create from dynamic disks?

8. Acronis Support

Hello kerryriddlesm,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Using Acronis True Image 9.0 you can run the program on the Dynamic Disk and create an image of the Basic Disk to the Dynamic one without any problem.

However, we recommend you to verify the image integrity by using Check Archive tool in Acronis True Image 9.0 or restore newly created image in order to be sure that the program works on your computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

9. tsblazer

Update:
    I converted my secondary drive back to Basic. After reformatting the drive the doing another full backup, I can now access the drive via the Acronis Rescue disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.