Can't explore Backups...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NumLock, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

Hi,

I'm having a problem with exploring backup files. Usually if I don't put a password for the TIB files I could double click the file and I would be able to explore the file, copy or drag from it.

But when I placed a password on one backup; it shows this screen when i double click:
    http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6874/bugup0.png
    and even if i gave the correct password it would just show the same input windows again.... and again and again.

I tried mounting it as a read-only mode using the same password and it worked fine and I was able to mount it as a virtual partition.

Infos:
    Echo ES build 8115
    windows xp sp2
    password is a simple: 1234

2. NumLock

up .... so no one else is having problems with exploring password protected TIBs? o_O

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NumLock,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please check if the problem archive validates successfully.

Please be aware that we have not heard about such problems of Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server before. It's possible that some components of Acronis True Image were corrupted during or after installation. Please try uninstalling Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server (local version) and/or Acronis agent from the problem computer, rebooting and installing again.

If the issue persists, could you please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please provide some details on the archive that causes the problem: archive name, compression level, encryption level, one file/split archive, etc.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. NumLock

Hi,

Actually I can validate, mount and restore the image without it prompting me for a password. I just can't use the explore feature. Now every backup I made online just loops the password prompt when trying to explore.

Problem fixed already by completely un installing and resintalling the new build. Looks like the upgrade feature is still not mature, a complete re install of each build would be the recommended way of upgrading... but the problem are for those mission-critical servers that can't afford downtime even for a single reboot :(

Thanks for the reply.

5. Faust

Faust Registered Member

I used to have exactly the same problem running TI 10 with XP. Once I had used a password even though I then removed the password requirement every subsequent backup I did would not let me access the TIB files.

I had to uninstall TI delete all my backups and start again - problem solved. I have never used a password in Acronis since even though I'm now using Vista - a case of once bitten twice shy as the saying goes.

6. NumLock

This will simply not do for an enterprise environment.

Did you by any change upgrade that TI 10 from an older build number?

7. Faust

Faust Registered Member

I hadn't done at the time I had the problems with TI 10 and passwords though I did upgrade to the last build they did before TI 11 subsequently. I still have an old image on my external HD that gave me the password image problem and after reading your post tried to access it again last night. I put in the old password and sure enough gained access to the TIB file. However, just like before when I double clicked it to slice the file explorer went opaque and I received the program stopped working error message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.