can't do a simple chat

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by GreenFoot, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenFoot

GreenFoot Registered Member

Hello eveyone:)

I'm a 1st time poster over here. This forum looks great. I hope to become a regular to further every thing i know spyware/virus/trojan wise.

My little story(short)

I got rid of SmitFraud using SpyBot,Ad-Aware and AVG. I did like 12 scans all together. Finally i did a system restore that able me to delete two .exe in my system32.

I the discover and learn how to ise HijackThis, everything looks good and in perfect order. I also discovered SpywareBlaster, and how to immunize myself using SpyBot. Now the sky is blue again and i think i'm well protected.

My "new" problem(s);

I can't do a simple chat. I can't go over at Electronic Arts and play card on pogo.com. I can't go over at heavy.com(activex and flash site, i guess) to watch video. I click on the java icon in my control panel and nothing happens.

What is preventing me of doing this, Spyware Blaster? the immunize feature of Spybot? my anti-virus? ad-aware? I'm confuse. Thanks in advance for help.

2. GreenFoot

response is overwhelmingo_O

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Greenfoot,
    Welcome at Wilders !!!
    My guess is that your pc is seriously infected.
    None of your actual security softwares caused your problems, they just weren't able to remove all the malwares.
    As far as I can read you don't even have a firewall.
    Reading HijackThis Logs requires education and training and using HijackThis without knowledge and experience is pretty dangerous.

Post your HijackThis Log at this Malware Forum in the subforum "Malware Removal" and explain your problems.
    http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/

Another possibility is that you re-install your harddisk from scratch and ask Wilders for a decent security setup and that's what I would do in your situation. :)

4. GreenFoot

Thanks and sorry for the impatience:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.