Can't create new snapshot!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by lnn, May 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lnn

lnn Guest

I just installed SpywareBlaster and I mainly wanted to get rid of all the browser hijackers in my computer already. So I went and tried to create a new snapshot but everytime I do, this window pops up that says "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" Why is that? My IE browser is to the point where whenever I right click, the annoying link (which is also the changed homepage) shows up on the drop down menu! And every time I start my computer IE opens up and go to that page. I need immediate help! Thanks!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Unfortunately SpywareBlaster System Snapshot can only remove browser hijackers if you have created a SnapShot before your system was altered/infected. In that respect, I don't believe it will help you much with your current problem.

If you can download HijackThis, and provide us with a log, we can most likely help you remove the bulk (if not all) of the spyware on your system.

A link to the download of HijackThis, plus a short tutorial on how to use it, is available here: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. lnn

lnn Guest

Thanks for replying. Now I'm at the point where that site controls my internet browser. Would re-installing it help? Thanks for taking your time to read my message. Best wishes...

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi lnn,

Please do as Javacool suggested and post your HijackThis log. It is no use installing your browser again before the spyware/hijacker has been removed. The same thing would happen all over again.

Regards,

Pieter

5. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hi Inn,

did you already try out Ad-aware and Spybot as well? Perhaps these tools will help you in your special case.

Regards,

Patrice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.