Can't create new snapshot!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by lnn, May 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lnn

lnn Guest

I just installed SpywareBlaster and I mainly wanted to get rid of all the browser hijackers in my computer already. So I went and tried to create a new snapshot but everytime I do, this window pops up that says "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" Why is that? My IE browser is to the point where whenever I right click, the annoying link (which is also the changed homepage) shows up on the drop down menu! And every time I start my computer IE opens up and go to that page. I need immediate help! Thanks!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Unfortunately SpywareBlaster System Snapshot can only remove browser hijackers if you have created a SnapShot before your system was altered/infected. In that respect, I don't believe it will help you much with your current problem.

If you can download HijackThis, and provide us with a log, we can most likely help you remove the bulk (if not all) of the spyware on your system.

A link to the download of HijackThis, plus a short tutorial on how to use it, is available here: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. lnn

lnn Guest

Thanks for replying. Now I'm at the point where that site controls my internet browser. Would re-installing it help? Thanks for taking your time to read my message. Best wishes...

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi lnn,

Please do as Javacool suggested and post your HijackThis log. It is no use installing your browser again before the spyware/hijacker has been removed. The same thing would happen all over again.

Regards,

Pieter

5. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hi Inn,

did you already try out Ad-aware and Spybot as well? Perhaps these tools will help you in your special case.

Regards,

Patrice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.