Can't create BootCD using wizard, is there a manual way?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hojo, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hojo

Hojo Registered Member

Altough the wizard does recognize my CD Writer, after I select it and the screen saying "Please insert a blank CD-R" shows up, I press the "Procceed" button and it shows me instantly a "There was an error burning Bootable disk" message, andd by "instantly" I mean right after I press the button, it doesnt even seem like the program checks if there is a blank media or something, that message just comes up straigthly.

Im using a TDK Burner.

Is there anyway I can make a bootable CD manually?
    So,for instance, I can burn it along with the image so they are in just one session and CD.

2. Hojo

Hojo Registered Member

So no one knows? :(

I forgot to tell, Im using v8

3. duerrt

duerrt Guest

I'm also having the same problem. Nothing in logs.

Version 8.0 (763)
    XP SP 1

Tom

4. jeba

jeba Registered Member

I am experiencing the same with TI 7 and WinMe.

I have located the problem so far:
    My CD-RW is recognized by Win Me as CD-RW in the hardware-manager and system-information tools. However, the Windows Explorer (the file manager, not IE) displays it not as CD-RW but as removable drive. Initially, the setup of the drive was correct and it was displayed as CD-RW in the Explorer too. It seems that - while evaluating several backup-software products, before choosing TI 7 - one of the backup products changed the standard drivers of the CD-RW so that it is now displayed as removable drive. I was told that some backup software needs to do this in order to work properly.

Here is what I - unsuccessfully - tried so far:
    - deleting the CD-RW from the hardware-manager and reinstall driver
    - exchanging apix.vxd and winaspi32.dll

Any guess?

5. Hojo

Hojo Registered Member

Bleh
    Screw tech support.
    I'll just spend the damn 3 flopies =/

6. Caspan

Caspan Registered Member

I am having the same problem I bought TI Server for my windows 2003 server and when i try to create a REscue CD i get the Error that everyone else is getting. I have tried installing on my XP machine hoping that it was machine related but on my XP machine my CD burrner does not even show up on the list. So now I have all these great full server backups with no way to restore them. So what I was wondering maybe someone (Acronis possibly) could make an ISO of there RescueCD that they have made for TI Server and put it on there web page so people who have paid big buck to use this program can actually use it... How about steping up to the plate Acronis and making some ISO's for us people having problems so we can burn them using a diffrent programo_O

7. Caspan

Caspan Registered Member

I finaly got a third machine to make the boot cd for TI Server newest version I would like to make this image avaible as an ISO so other people having problems can still get a Rescue CD would you have any problems with this Acronis?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.