Can't connect to the Server, where the image is.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Prionics, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prionics

Prionics Guest

Hi everybody

My problem is when I would like to restore an Image, that I can't connect to the Server, where the Image is. I see all PCs and Servers, but I can't connect, actually it must open an Window, to type in the Username and Password. We have 4 VLANs (Server, Ground-, First- and Secondfloor). I thought first, that it could be, that I'm not on the same VLAN, then I plugged my machine to the server VLAN, to receive an IP with the same range like the server, where the Image is (that meens something like that: 192.168.100.10 = Server, 192.168.100.111 = Client). But it don't work :-( .

P.S.: I tried alsow with older Versions of Acronis........it don't work.

(Acronis True Image 8.0 BUILD 786)

Can anybody help meo_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Prionics,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

First of all, please download the latest build (791), which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem still persists please make sure you can connect to the server under Windows. Could you please tell whether you are restoring under Windows or after booting from Acronis Bootable CD and explain what you see when choose the path to the image? As I could get you see the server but what happens when you click on it?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

you must be on the same VLAN unless you have specified in the firewall/ script that your open a port to connect to a machine on another VLAN.

Apart from that machines on the same VLAN should be able to see each other if your using windows. Ive NEVER been able to get anything like this working under linux or unix

4. Prionics

Prionics Guest

Hi all

First I will thank you, but it still don't work. In the same VLAN I can connect to most of the servers, but on another VLAN it don't work. The VLAN's are in the same building, just in other floors. The VLAN's aren't separated by a firewall... I can see all servers, when I try to connect them, I click on one of the servers, it shows me an houerglass (this mean that ist works)......

.....yeah I know and you know it.... It don't work.......:-0

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Prionics,

Could you please answer the questions in my previous post? Are you able to connect to the computer under Windows? Since you can connect to some of the servers (inside your own VLAN) it seems that you need to have a look at your network settings.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.