Can't connect to the internet

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by katey64, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katey64

katey64 Registered Member

HI, I have a wireless modem, and all the lights indicate I have an internet connection, my daughter has internet on her laptop ok which is in the other room, but i cannot get on to the net, when I try to bring up google or ebay it say web page cannot be displayed. I have tried to repair my connection. I have ESET smart security installed. I got a upgrage of itunes on the weekend which included something called BONJOUR, I also did a scan with spybot and immuized with spybot, and windows service pack 3 was also installed. since then not internet on my pc. So I have uninstalled Bonjour, safari, service pack 3, and spybot, I got the net back briefly last night and thought all was ok, but turned it on this morning and am back to square 1. Is my eset firewall blocking my connection? I have no way of telling as I do not know where to look.
    Can anyone helpo_O :argh:

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you tried disabling the ESET Personal Firewall module in ESET Smart Security to see if that makes any difference?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Macplumcake

Macplumcake Registered Member

In my case internetconnection is giving problems after an virus database update. So, when my pc (XP with servicepacks installed) is working, as soon as the pop-up about the update is showing I cannot connect (IE7).
    Sometimes repairing the connection will solve the problem, other days I have to stop and restart my modem (wireless), and on other days it simply won't work for a few hours. If you think this is erratic behavior I fully agree.
    Just now the connection worked again after I temporarily stopped the antivirus protection. On many occasions I also checked a laptop in another room, which worked without problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.