Can't connect to AVG,Sybot S&D,AdAware update sites plus other problems

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by hibs1875, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hibs1875

hibs1875 Registered Member

Hi guys.

Over the past two weeks my computer has been acting very strange. Firstly problems started when I couldn't download any (legal) torrents and also when I tried to update my anti-virus, lavsoft ad-aware and spybot it wouldn't let me, says it can't connect to the servers etc although the programmes themselves run fine. I was told to try a system restore but again it wouldn't restore to an earlier date. Also yesterday when I tried a google search, google wanted me to enter a verification code before it would show the results as it thought I was a hacker/spyware/virus, also I can't sign into MSN.

I could download torrents and update the softwares etc etc with no problems, now all of a sudden I can't.

Does anyone know what the problems may well be? I havn't changed any settings at all. Any help would be great.

Many thanks
    Scott

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

You don't mention a firewall.
    Do you use one? If so,does it alert you to any unusual connection?

3. hibs1875

Hi

I use Zone Alarm. Usually it does prompt me to allow certain stuff to connect to the internet but not now. All things such as AVG, Spybot, uTorrent, MSN etc are all checked and allowed to access internet.

4. hibs1875

5. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Try to exit/disable ZA and connect to the update site... does it work? If not, then check your HOST files and you may need to remove them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.