Can't configure vista firewall properly with nod32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JohnnyDollar, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I am using Vista Firewall with Advanced Security. I have it set to block all unless matching a rule. The problem is some apps are getting through and it has to do with Nod32. If I block Nod32 then the firewall will block everything it is suppose to do. If I don't block Nod32 then some apps, but not all will get through. I started a thread earlier in the Firewall Forum, but started one here after realizing it is Nod32 and not the firewall. Here is the link to the thread that explains it.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1530149#post1530149

Could someone give me some advice please. Also if I block Nod32 some apps don't get through even with a rule created for them.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Installing SP2 should activate WFP which means checking traffic will no longer be accomplished via a local proxy.

3. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I have Vistax64 sp2

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I see, you're using v3. Upgrading to v4 should do the trick.

5. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Ok I'll give it a shot. Do I need to enable test mode or anything like that for Nodv4 to work properly since I have sp2, or has that been rectified?

6. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Ok thanks, installing v4 did the trick. After experiencing this issue, I think this was why I couldn't get Private Firewall to work correctly when I tried it before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.