Can't boot after resize (Win7 64bit dual boot)

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by NHRA21, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NHRA21

NHRA21 Registered Member

I just purchased this software andinstalled this software last night. I was trying to resize my Windows XP partition and add the free space to my Windows 7 drive. I decided to just resize the Windows XP partition first and go from there. When I told it to apply the changes, it said it had to reboot to do this, so I hit ok. Now my machine won't boot. I see the machine Post, but when it goes to boot, there is just a blinking cursor in the upper right hand of the screen. I would like to at least be able to boot back into Windows 7, but I really want my boot menu back. Any ideas?

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

It looks like your MBR has been damaged, you can use either of our recovery CD's to repair the MBR. Boot Corrector=>Update MBR, or the Windows 7 recovery disk start-up repair to correct the issue.

Let us know how it goes :)

3. NHRA21

NHRA21 Registered Member

/end panicmode

Thank you Matt! The boot menu came back just as I had left it. Any idea what happened? I guess I should wait until the new version comes out before trying this again...

4. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

This is an issue with HDM09 and Windows 7 x64 bit, this will happen whenever the system needs to restart to complete an operation. Please cancel any operation if it tells you to restart from within the OS and then use our recovery CD to perform the operation instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.