Can't autodetect external hard drive

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by rxgus, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rxgus

rxgus Registered Member

Disclaimer: I am completely new to Mac's
    MBA running Lion(version OS X 10.7.2)

I have an external hard drive that I need to work on both my new MBA and my Windows work computer. It is currently windows formatted.
    Before I installed Paragon, the drive was visible (but read only). After some research I learned that I needed a NTFS driver so I purchased Paragon, figuring it was worth the money to not have to worry about file format.

After I installed Paragon, the drive is no longer visible in my finder, nor is it accessible via any of the programs for that use it (Adobe Lightroom). The drive lights up and appears to be working, and it is still fully functional on my Windows 7 box.

Once I uninstall Paragon, the drive becomes visible (and read only).

This product claims full support in Lion but it doesn't seem like it to me. What am I missing?

I found some references online that say deleting /System/Library/filesystems/ufsd.fs fixed the problem with almost universal agreement... but I dont seem to have that file (or any file called ufsd.fs)

I appreciate your help,
    Gus

2. ericalbertosilva

ericalbertosilva Registered Member

Hi guy,

I bought the version 9.5 and I'm the same problem.Have you found the solution? When I uninstall the software paragon my external hd is visible again.

Thank you!!!

3. makeitwork

makeitwork Registered Member

I have version 9.5.2 and I am having the same problem. If you go into system preferences you can disable the Paragon driver, and the hard drive will load up. But if the driver is activated, it is of no use. I saw that same solution and it was of no help.

4. dougeefresh

dougeefresh Registered Member

Same problem with v.9.5. on Lion 10.7.2.
    Had NTFS-3G but uninstalled everything using http://tuxera.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1271

Also, have MacFUSE installed (still installed). Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

With the driver on, the ext drive doesn't show up at all.
    With the driver off, the ext drive shows up in read-only mode.

PROBLEM FIXED!
    Go here and do the step one. That fixed it for me.
    http://kb.paragon-software.com/para...atId=2124&objId=6958&statId=1911562&foLang=en

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  5. amitabhbansal

amitabhbansal Registered Member

same here,
    On OS X Lion i installed the trial version of it and found the same thing you all are facing, i have email to the support to rectify the problem. will let you all know once i got the solution.
    Thanks

6. amitabhbansal

amitabhbansal Registered Member

friends here is the reply from the company
    -------------------
    Dear Amitabh, if NTFS volumes are not mounted for read/write access, in most cases that means there are some filesystem errors on those drives. To fix them please run Verify and Repair for NTFS partitions as described in this article:
    ID 6958: NTFS for Mac 9.5 doesn't mount NTFS volumes
    http://kb.paragon-software.com/paragon/include/templ/object2.jsp?objId=6958 Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.