can't activate acronis startup recovery ranager in raid-0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thomashill, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomashill

thomashill Registered Member

Hi,

my Problem is, that i can't activate acronis startup recovery manager.
    I get always the follow error:
    "The hard disk you selected is not available when booting your PC and you will be able ..."

My configuration:
    TrueImage 9.0 build 2323 (i will update to 2337 in next days)
    2 SATA-Disk's in Raid-0 on my first SATA-Onboard-Controller (ICH5R)
    a third SATA-Disk on my second SATA-Onboard-Contoller (Sil3112A)

WinXP is installed on Raid-0 (Boot-Disk)

I have created the "Secure Zone" on my third Disk. But when i try to activate the acronis startup recovery ranager, i get the error-message above.
    Also, when i use the TrueImage-Boot-CD, i can't activate the startup recovery ranager (get the same error-message).
    To restore an image is non problem both from windows and Boot-CD.

Has anyone an idea?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thomashill,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

Please also check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility. To do this please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If the problem still persists after installing the update and checking the hard drive then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If that does not help then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Make a screen shot or provide the exact text of the error message you have received;

- When exactly have you received this error message?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also do the following:

- Launch Acronis Report Utility once again and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy;
    - Rename the report created from under Windows to report_win.txt and report created using the bootabale floppy to report_diskette.txt.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. thomashill

thomashill Registered Member

Hi,

at first, i have installed the latest build (2337), but the error is the same.
    Also the chkdsk-command did not help.
    Then i have installed the latest version of Acronis drivers, but nothing,
    i get always the following error (german version):

error.gif

Has anybody else the same problem?

Another Question:
    Why you need a "Secure Zone" for activating acronis startup recovery ranager? I also save some acronis-images on a normal drive/partition and not in secure zone, so i can restore a partition_1 from a acronis-image saved on an other partionion_2.

any hints o_O

Thanks
    Thomas Hill

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thomashill,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and Acronis report as it is decribed in the post above?

Please send all collected files to support@acronis.de. Please also provide the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

I'm afraid that Acronis Startup Recovery Manager cannot be activated if Acronis Secure Zone is missing from the hard disk.

Please find the detailed information about Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.