can't access http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by shmu26, Apr 26, 2016.

1. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

I get an error message "your connection is not private", and reloading doesn't help.
    When I click on "advanced", I get: You cannot visit www.wilderssecurity.com right now because the website uses HSTS.
    This problem is most severe in chrome.
    In Edge, I can sometimes load the site, other times it just hangs and doesn't load.
    I am running windows 10 with chrome x64.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

3. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

I am using https, still doesn't work.
    when I click on the link I just recieved, it doesn't load the page. But I can use the link in ubuntu, using chromium.

4. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

Do you have some crappy security software installed? Did you follow steps 3 & 4 in the Google link?

5. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

tell me about steps 3 and 4. I don't see them. And tell me about steps 1 and 2 also, because I don't see any steps.

It might be because of a conflict between bitdefender and hitmanpro.alert, but I disabled the chrome element of HMP.A, and that didn't help, and I also tried disabling web protection in BD, and that didn't help either.

6. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

Did you notice LowWaterMark offered not one but two links?

7. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

thanks. I did not notice. I now tried all those solutions, but still no success.
    I uninstalled HMP.A and BD, and that didn't help either. I am kind of stumped at this point.
    EDIT: I deleted chrome history, and that fixed it. It was actually an additional solution recommended by a user on one of those links that lowwatermark provided.
    I am now able to click through to the non-secure version of the website. That's a lot better than nothing...