Cannot see second drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tocsese, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tocsese

tocsese Guest

I have used 6.0 without a problem for the last 2 years. Reimaging was easy! I have two physical drives. The first partitioned as C: and D: drives and the second as the E: drive. Always kept my images on the E: drive and could reimage in under 15 minutes. Installed new MoBo, and now when I go to reimage I cannot see the E: drive in Acronis. Made the C: and D: into one partition and still cannot see beyond the first physical drive. Thoughts?

Thanks in Advance!

2. emt

emt Registered Member

Go thru My computer and see if you can see E drive. If Yes, go thru control panel - computer management - storage - click on disk management- Make sure the drives disk 0 and 1 are healthy and change any drive letters to higher values in the alphabet if needed without duplicating alphabets.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tocsese,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 6.0 is a very old version and not being updated any more. It therefore might not support some modern hardware including new models of motherboards.

Please make sure that use the latest build (350) of Acronis True Image 6.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem sill persists with the latest build (350) of Acronis True Image 6.0 then please download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 and see if the problem still persists.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0.

If the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 recognizes your second hard drive correctly then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

If the problem still persists with the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please do the following (depending on the situation):

1. If the hard drive is not recognized when the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 is running from under Windows.

Please check each partition of this hard drive by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly have you received them?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also make a screen shot of Windows Disk Management by following Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management.

2. If the hard drive is not recognized in Acronis Rescue Environment (when using Bootable Rescue CD or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager).

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;

- Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy.

Could you please also provide us with the following information?

- What are the exact vendors and models of your second hard drive and your new motherboard?

- Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly have you received them?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. tocsese

tocsese Guest

5. tocsese

tocsese Guest

Alexey,
    I tried Acronis 9.0, and still cannot see the second physical drive. It is a dynamic drive, don't know if that makes a difference or not. Trying various things with partition magic at the moment.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't think TI supports dynamic drives.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Only the Server versions of TI are compatible with Dynamic disks. Even they will only restore a Dynamic disk as Basic, which then needs to be manually converted back to Dynamic again.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.