Cannot restore images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ResolveITSolutions, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ResolveITSolutions

ResolveITSolutions Registered Member

Hello!

We have used Acronis loads of times and it's worked fantastic but we've just got a batch of Dell Vostro 1000 laptops in and we can't get Acronis to work on it.
    We have made an image of another Dell with all the appropriate software on to make life easier when deploying these laptops, but when we put in the Acronis CD on bootup and choose the full version with UR, the screen just goes black and stops responding.
    We can get Acronis into safe mode and do a Universal Restore but it's really slow (6 hours for 15gb of data!!) and when it's done, it blue screens when trying to boot into Windows.

Can anyone assist?

Regards,

Ben Hall.

2. ResolveITSolutions

Update

Using an old boot disk I can get into restore mode fine, but it won't pick up the hard drive!
    I can't win! :(

3. Martinez

Martinez Registered Member

You should contact with Acronis Support Team to solve this problem. They should generate for you new boot media after you provide the linux sysinfo report from this machine.

4. ResolveITSolutions

Thanks, I'm doing that now :)

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ResolveITSolutions,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.