"Cannot resolve the source path"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bulldog356, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldog356

bulldog356 Registered Member

In the scheduled tasks pane of the interface, upon selecting a backup task and clicking on the "Edit the selected task" icon I see the following message:

Error E00640065: Cannot resolve the source path.
    Cannot resolve the path to the source. You should edit this task.

The problem is, not only is the source path correct, the selected backup task has been running successfully.

This may or may not have started since I upgraded to the 3666 build. I know I didn't have this error in the previous build, but that may not mean anything.

I would ignore the error message, but now I can't edit my backup tasks. As soon as I click on the "Edit" icon I get the error message telling me to edit the task. Is there some other way to edit a task other than with the "Edit" icon?

[TI 9.0 Home build 3666 running on Windows XP Home SP2]

Many thanks for your advice.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Known bug in t 3666, partiton/disk image tasks can't be edited -- only file and folder tasks can.

3. bulldog356

OK - If it's a known bug then the good folks at Acronis will eventually get around to fixing it. Until then, if I need to edit a task I can delete and re-create it. Not such a big deal.

Thanks for your help.

4. culprit622

culprit622 Registered Member

I tried that. However I still get the error message with the newly created task..even if I give the new task a different name.

Everything was fine until I upgraded to 3666.

5. bulldog356

You misunderstood my post. Due to an apparent "bug" in the build, you cannot directly edit certain backup tasks. Therefore, the only way to edit a task is to delete it and re-create it.

Whatever the problem is, the developers will fix it. I'm not worried.

6. culprit622

culprit622 Registered Member

Got it.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that our Development Team has been already fixed this issue and the fix for it is available in the latest build 3677 of Acronis True Image.

Please download and install the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

8. shieber

shieber Registered Member

What he really means is you can't edit an image task in 3666. You have to rewrite from scratch, which can result in a file that has the edited contents of the original file if you had been able to edit it.

You can also edit script files in a text editor since they are writen in xml. Not for the squeamish, though. ;-)

The edit function was fixed in 3677.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  9. kpinkert

kpinkert Registered Member

When will this bug be fixed in the Workstation version of True Image? I hope that you will get that updated soon. The version 3666 of Workstation also generates the E00640065 error message when trying to edit an existing task.

Kevin

10. Acronis Support

11. gzgeniii

gzgeniii Registered Member

Acronis Enterprise Server 9.1 does it as well (Build #3666)

I get the following error when I try and edit a scheduled task for one of my clients who recently purchased this product. :(

E00640065: Cannot resolve the source path

12. tfc1922

tfc1922 Registered Member

Re: "Cannot resolve the source path" - I get same

Acronis TI 9.1 for Windows Server
    Build 3,666 ( maybe its the number! ooo!)

I had a fairly complex pre cmd to create custom logs so I had to recreate stupid job every time while setting up, testing backups. Was drivin me NUTS.

Msg said "you should edit this job" Of course I should but the ^#@! thing wouldn't let me!
    I thought it was a domain rights issue or something but I just found out its same for unc map, drive letter and local drive letter ext usb drive.

Will try the latest build update. I hope this works cause its a major pain in the a$$. If not I want $ for lost time.

For nearly $800 Can. this should not be happening, folks. Disappointing.
    Ya'd think someone would have caught this during QA test, product test.. hmmm? C'mon. :blink:

T

13. Acronis Support

Hello gzgeniii,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that this issue was fixed and the the build 3694 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows that contains this fix can be downloaded in the Product Updates section of your account. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

14. Acronis Support

Hello tfc1922,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that this issue was fixed in the build 3677 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows. Please download the latest build 3677 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows here.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.