Cannot Remove Secure Zone - TI 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jreiz, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jreiz

jreiz Registered Member

I was running ATI 8 and I tried to remove the TI Secure Zone but generated an error message. I then upgraded to ATI 9 but still could not remove the zone. Also, I am running Norton GoBack but had it disabled when I tried to remove the Secure Zone. Assuming I cannot remove it through Acronis software - does anyone out there have a suggestion regarding partitioning software (Partition Magic?) to acheive this end and how I would go about doing it? I run Windows XP SP2 so I would need to convert the zone to NFTS file system and recapture the space to the main partition. I am not receiving an answer to my second email contact with Acronis - and so I am turning to forum readers for a solution. I appreciate anyone's help. :)

2. WFO

WFO Registered Member

PM-8 will see the Linux partition and can delete it and convert it for you. :)

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jreiz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

Re GoBack, just as a matter of interest, are you able to create an image with TI without disabling GoBack beforehand?

5. jreiz

jreiz Registered Member

Tatyana,

The request id # is 544056. I'm anxious to recover the SZ occupied partition - thus the forum post. If you can hurry this along, I'll appreciate it. :)

6. jreiz

jreiz Registered Member

Mark3, yes I created an image with GoBack enabled. I believe the problem comes with having it enabled while restoring an image or while managing a secure zone.

7. jreiz

jreiz Registered Member

WFO - thx - If the techs with Acronis do not come up with a successful solution, then I'll have to purchase Partition Magic. By the way, do you have an opinion of Ghost 10? I am experimenting with it on one machine while running True Image 9 on the other.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jreiz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please follow the instructions of Denis Kurochkin in order to remove Acronis Secure Zone on your computer.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

9. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

The reason that I asked was because Norton Ghost 2003 will not allow you to create an image while GoBack is enabled.
    Incidentally, I would strongly recommend that you uninstall GoBack. If the latter becomes corrupted then you will not be able to uninstall it and then, the only way of getting rid of it is by doing a clean install of your OS.
    GoBack is fine while it's working but a disaster when it becomes corrupted.

~Snip~ This is the Acronis support forum only - Ron

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.