Cannot remove/reinstall v10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 222fbj, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 222fbj

222fbj Registered Member

My upgrade to V11 got fouled up... I seemed to have confusion/overlapping services between installed v10 software and new v11 upgrade. I also had to do a full Acronis restore during this process - so that may have created problems as well.

So.. I have completely removed v11, and am now trying to remove v10...then I will install v11 and (hopefully) be back to normal. BUT..when I try to Modify/Repair/Uninstall with 10 (using a new full v10 image dowloaded from Acrons) the Acroniss software gets to about 90% on the bar graph, then shows a Fatal Error and says to retry. I cannot get beyond this - what should I do?

Thanks

2. firefoxsilver9

firefoxsilver9 Registered Member

i'm having the EXACT same problem, except for when i try to uninstall v11 it says the installer was interrupted and i have to restart the installation process.

3. 222fbj

222fbj Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I think I have that same message. (FYI - the PC I am working on is remote - and I did not connect to verify the error - I was going by memory.) Anyway - still looking for a solution.

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

5. cortez

cortez Registered Member

Perhaps you should consider creating a primarly Windows only partition as a BASE for utilities and such.

One solution is to put Acronis on it's own dedicated partition-- no Nero needed with TI10 or DD10. This partition is mostly Windows SP2 and updates.

It takes only about 4 minutes to re-image for a 4 gig partition (after much testing 4 gigs is usually plenty for this type of Base partition (on my machine at least) with XP and Firefox {make sure you add a "CC Cleaner" type utility to keep it lean}. Then add new versions easily and confidently.

Perhaps 10 minutes longer than if a good version were to uninstall correctly but much less time if the uninstall is troublesome ( or sometimes impossible without extensive search-and destroy tactics).

No need to worry if the registry and other files are actually cleaned up or not. Worth the effort in my experience.

Attached Files:

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 222fbj and firefoxsilver9,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the installation log file the way it is described in this previous post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.